Am I able to ask for a PJFT delay?

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lads,

As the title asks can i ask the navy to delay my PJFt when i get offered a date? currently unable to run so, i dont know if i will be in time.

Cheers.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just call your AFCO beforehand & ask to withdraw or defer your application until you are fit - otherwise if you pass medical & don't take the PJFT, it counts as a fail. 3 fails = Reject.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
how long can i defer it for or does my CA decide? also if i do defer it would i have to restart it again from scratch or could my recruit test scores still stand once i take it?

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I deferred mine for a few months. It really doesn't matter.

I believe your recruiting test stays valid for 3 years. So as long as you reactivate the application within that time slot you can continue from the part you are at now and go straight into a medical.

Explain the situation just say you will be in contact as soon as you feel fit. Your CA will be happier with this than a PJFT fail and having to retake a medical.

AVS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah ok ill wait until *text deleted** done my recruit test and see where i am then, i may be fine i may not, last year it took months, tired of pratting around