am i fit enough for my prmc?

peter1984

Reaction score
hi, im just wondering if im fit enough for my prmc, *text deleted* been doing 1.5 in under 9, roughly 40 press ups in 2 mins, 65 sit ups in 2 mins and that comfortable, but 1st im waiting for my security check to come through, im worried il fail it *text deleted* i was behind on a few mortgage payments but now im upto date. And do u think im old to join at 23- 24 in oct. thanks pete

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
hi, im just wondering if im fit enough for my prmc, *text deleted* been doing 1.5 in under 9, roughly 40 press ups in 2 mins, 65 sit ups in 2 mins and that comfortable, but 1st im waiting for my security check to come through, im worried il fail it *text deleted* i was behind on a few mortgage payments but now im upto date. And do u think im old to join at 23- 24 in oct. thanks pete
Yes, you are definitely fit enough, your scores are better than some who have passed PRMC.

And no, of course you're not too old to join, you're in your prime young man!!

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
You should be ok mate on prmc just push it hard. I'm no where near prmc standard, can hardly do pull ups for *text deleted**text deleted* sake! Anyway your no where near too old, as im still going for it and i'm 24!

peter1984

Reaction score
how old r u matt b, i got told by my careers officer that he could get me in for my prmc on the 2nd sept and start rt early oct.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i was born in 83 mate i wouldn't worry about age, there's a chap on here in his 30s about to do the AACC.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Also a gent aged 30 going for RT training shortly so no worries about your age.

peter1984

Reaction score
what about my money side, i was a couple of months behind on my mortgage but now upto date and im in my overdraft, would any of those go against me on my security check.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I think if your now up to date you should be fine, not entirely sure but either give the afco a ring or wait for someone with more knowledge / who has same experiance.

Just don't get injured - in the last hour i've just *text deleted**text deleted*ed up my calf by not resting long enough :applaus:, *text deleted**text deleted* like that won't be useful to ya haha

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
how old r u matt b, i got told by my careers officer that he could get me in for my prmc on the 2nd sept and start rt early oct.
I'm 23 on sept 10th mate. My PRMC was on the 9th but its been postponed now due to knee issues.

peter1984

Reaction score
you'l get there mate, *text deleted* been waitin since 22nd may for my medical results, they think i got a heart murmer, i paid to go private £270 *text deleted* id be waitin 24 wks for a echo scan so i got it done in 3 wks and i gave them the results 18th june and pompy have had them since, the hospital said i was fine and nowt to worry about. i now have to wait till they come back from summer leave to do my prmc via my results come back.

tripper

Reaction score
does anyone else feel like there NEVER going to be fit enough for the PRMC? i dont know whether im just trying to make myself superhuman before I attempt it, or if I am honestly not ready.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
not exactly never, but i'm bricking it that my cardio is so bad. although i passed PJFT, i'm really hanging out after 3-4 miles, and i hear of guys on here running much further. i do a 7 mile run once a week and it takes me all day to recover! *text deleted* it's even worse now as i had an operation on my foot (ingrown toenail) which has put me out of action for a week, and i have to say i'm loving it! *text deleted*

peter1984

Reaction score
how old r u pendo, i *text deleted* no if im to old for it, i was talkin to a guy on rumration about prmc and he said " its about the state of mind there lookin for, comitment, determination and courage bein able to push yourself to the max, they aint lookin for superman!"

peter1984

Reaction score
you'v got plenty of time then mate, i wish i did it a few years ago

peter1984

Reaction score
how old are you if you dont mind? my afco said he thinks its a good age too, *text deleted* at my age the officers know that your commited to your choice and have a good straight mind for the job.

Reaction score
Re: age and fitness

Hello fellas i'm new to the site so forgive me if im doin thing's arse about face. i'm thirty and trainin at the mo for my crack at the prmc the age limit at the mo is 32 & 11 months.
i'm also lookin for lads to train with in my area (Dover, Kent), for competition & motivation anyone up for it give us a shout.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
how old are you if you dont mind? my afco said he thinks its a good age too, *text deleted* at my age the officers know that your commited to your choice and have a good straight mind for the job.
I’m 16 going to wait until I’m 18 until I apply for regulars think I’m going to join RMR in the meantime though.