Amir Khan.....

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Amir Khan officially has a glass jaw

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Glass jaw..... and a leg made from jelly by the looks of things.

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Haha thats embarrassing, and I thought he was a good boxer but he must of taken some hard hits to get him down. Rocky 2 tonight if anyone fancies a bit of boxing

Ipodbob

Reaction score
I will never grow tired of watching that, priceless.

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Same here mate afterwards I'm always pumped to do some boxing but never get round to doing it...

Luke023

Reaction score
hes still a quality boxer the fight came to soon and people have overated and expected to much of him. no one has any right to say hes *text deleted**text deleted*. i hope he just takes the fight as a learning curb so he comes back stronger.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Disappointing

Personally I wanted him to win. However, he was undoubtedly outclassed. Also: I was disappointed to read in the Newspaper that Frank Warren said: He'd picked the wrong guy for him to fight.

This is unlike the 80's when you had the likes of Marvin Hagler, Thomas Earns, Lloyd Honeygan, Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard etc, who used to pick the champions they wanted to fight and used to go up and down the weights to take them on. Now that was boxing!!

Cheers

Steve

DamageInc85

Reaction score
He's always had a weak chin, he used to get put down regulally in the amateurs and he's been on the canvass 4 or 5(?) times in his time as a pro. Difference is until Saturday he always seemed to use a knock down as a wake up call, get back up and do the business. Unfortunately, it's going to get much harder for him as he fights better, harder hitting guys and his reputation for having a glass jaw grows.

RC

Reaction score
He does have a glass chin as we have seen in previous fights. However, I think most world class light weights would have ended up on the canvas after those shots from Prescott.

Credit to the guy ... apparently he was back in the gym Sunday.

I still think he's a good prospect. He's still young, lightning fast hand speed, excellent fitness, plenty of 'confidence' (or maybe that should be 'had'?) and he is hungry for success.

He needs to :

1. Seriously improve his defence (even with the best defence in the world, sooner or later he will get it which will always be a worry).

2. Improve his power.

3. Use his head.

4. Take a rematch with Prescott for his next fight.

Rich.

DamageInc85

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I think he is a great prospect. In my opinion he's the best conditioned fighter at lightweight and is technically very gifted. Plus he seems like a decent bloke, not the best driver(!) but he does lots for charity and gives alot back to his community. To be honest I don't think Frank Warren will let him anywhere near Prescott again for a while. His next fight will be a confidence booster in my opinion.

Aspiring87

Reaction score
He's a good fighter in my opinion. Went into this fight though with 2 much confidence and didnt give his opponent enough respect. Prescott had knocked out the last 18 guys!? From the bell Khan didnt protect himself and got caught, and at the level that he wants to be if you that then your going to get KO'd. The comments of he's a sh!t boxer are bit unfair, he got caught against a very good fighter and lost. He will be back but it needs to be against someone of the same pedigree if he goes for a confidence booster then fans will just loose interest. He needs to aim for a good opponent and prove everyone wrong in my opinion!

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, Khan is only 21 but for his sake I hope "that" fight just turns out to be a very harsh learning curve for him. It'll either go to one extreme or the other. Either he will pick himself up and become a better fighter which to his credit is seemingly what he is intent on doing. Or he will disappear into obscurity.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the difference between amir khan and a box of microchips?

About 7 seconds.

Latest posts

New Threads