Amount of knowledge for RT...

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How much history do I need to know? Also do I need to know what the guns are about and machinery?

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How much history do I need to know? Also do I need to know what the guns are about and machinery?

for the interview, i think as long as you understand the basics of the Royal Marines! you may be asked to some extent the history and ethos, but not into great detail, the interview is more of an opportunity for the interviewer to ind out a little more about you, your personality and your home life! the questions asked about history and current affairs etc is just to test you have done some research and do know a bit about what you are getting into! just like, if you were going to an interview for a job in a Renault garage you would do a bit of research into the Renault make itself and a bit of its history, treat it exactly the same as you would any other interview.

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
for the interview, i think as long as you understand the basics of the Royal Marines! you may be asked to some extent the history and ethos, but not into great detail, the interview is more of an opportunity for the interviewer to ind out a little more about you, your personality and your home life! the questions asked about history and current affairs etc is just to test you have done some research and do know a bit about what you are getting into! just like, if you were going to an interview for a job in a Renault garage you would do a bit of research into the Renault make itself and a bit of its history, treat it exactly the same as you would any other interview.

Yeah I knwo about the interview and that as I am joining RT 27th Oct:) Was just seeing if I should revise for when I go in there...

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nobody says you need to, but knowledge of the ethos, guns, and mechanics can't hurt. To be honest though I think you're better off concentrating on getting as fit as humanly possible in the time.

Matthew " Osiris" Cook

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a little trick I use to remember, a picture I made.

The picture is a little bit shody but it explains what the RMC emblem means

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* blow that piccy up a lil for us mate? cheers

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Inregards to RT learn:
-about foundation (lasts 2-3 weeks)

-4 commando tests (Tarzan Assault Course in 15 minutes, Endurance Course in 72 minutes, 9 Mile Speed March in 90 minutes, 30 Miler in 8 hours)

-Your first Ex (Exercise First Step in week 2)

-Week 15 Exercise Baptist Run (2 days in the field were they test you on everything you have been tought in phase 1 of training)

-as soon as you pass out you no longer go straight to your unit you have to go to another camp I forgot the location, and do driving lessons on all sorts of vehicles so when they send you off to afghan you'll be able to drive almost anything, the course lasts up to 2 weeks or longer if your driving sucks balls

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
haha cheers i tried to take it off the page in that size! ;-)

offbeatpath

Reaction score
With regards to maxpains post,

-its not normally more than 2 weeks in foundation

-tarzan is 13 mins not 15 mins

-endurance is 73 mins not 72 mins

-the camp is called leconfield and you may not go there depending on man power around the units

sorry but thought i should correct just in case people are using this info

good luck to all

New Threads