Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Angling

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Chelonian, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

As suggested by @Drumkit1 this is a thread for worm drowners, chalk stream dry fly aficionados and everything else in between from stickleback to halibut.

barbel.jpg

My own interest is in extracting grumpy, wild brown trout from remote Dartmoor streams (catch and release); trolling a baited spoon for flounder and plaice from behind a row boat on Devon river estuaries; and pondering why when I fish a Welsh storm beach everyone else catches bass while I only bag dogfish. :(

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Where's Mr Crabtree?

Alan

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

crabtree.jpg

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  4. Rover

Rover Moderator

Gone Fishing..jpg
    :cool:

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Is Mr Crabtree-Goes-Fishing (helluva long surname) still alive after having that pipe in his gob for over half a century?

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The book was first published in 1949. Which suggests that Mr Crabtree would now be aged about 110 and young Peter would now be 82!
    Flicking through my own battered copy I can spot only one illustration of Mr Crabtree in which he isn't puffing on that pipe.

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Showing my age here. Pinned for many years to one of those 1970's Parka coats. The green ones with an orange liner and dodgy squirrel trim around the hood. :)

ATKG.jpg