Ankle pain

Hs200411

Reaction score
Every now and then I will get a ankle pain will stop me for a bit any ideas on how I can prevent from happening. thank you

Chelonian

Reaction score
Every now and then I will get a ankle pain will stop me for a bit any ideas on how I can prevent from happening.
Welcome. It might help if you are specific about when the symptom occurs.

Hs200411

Reaction score
Welcome. It might help if you are specific about when the symptom occur
Ok thanks, mainly when I’m trying to run at a fast pace or when I tilt my foot upwards sharp pain unsure what it was don’t really want to go to a doctors and waste there time at this time

Murk

Reaction score
Ok thanks, mainly when I’m trying to run at a fast pace or when I tilt my foot upwards sharp pain unsure what it was don’t really want to go to a doctors and waste there time at this time
Is it front or back? Inside or outside?

Murk

Reaction score
Sounds like something I had called ankle impingement. Its a form of tendinitis, eventually your tendons will get stronger but as the ankle is a delicate joint that can only happen with proper rest and mobility exercise. Mobility is key in solving recurring injury! If you've got a spinner or bike then that helped me recover whilst still doing some cardio. Look up how to increase ankle mobility and tendinitis recovery exercises.

Just giving my experience of a pain the same area so don't take it as a given that its that. I went docs and they just confirmed tendinitis gave me some naprox and told me to where supported shoes and rest.

Someone with a bit more general knowledge might be able to help more. Main thing is dont be afraid of a couple weeks rest if needed.

Hs200411

Reaction score
Sounds like something I had called ankle impingement. Its a form of tendinitis, eventually your tendons will get stronger but as the ankle is a delicate joint that can only happen with proper rest and mobility exercise. Mobility is key in solving recurring injury! If you've got a spinner or bike then that helped me recover whilst still doing some cardio. Look up how to increase ankle mobility and tendinitis recovery exercises.

Just giving my experience of a pain the same area so don't take it as a given that its that. I went docs and they just confirmed tendinitis gave me some naprox and told me to where supported shoes and rest.

Someone with a bit more general knowledge might be able to help more. Main thing is dont be afraid of a couple weeks rest if needed.
Thank you for the help will be out on the bike tomorrow