Ankle Pains/stiffness

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Usually when i go for a run i seem to get sore ankles and they seem to go stiff, but really they just get quite sore and its effecting my performance, my breathing is fine i feel bright as a daisy but its my ankles and lower legs that seems to let me down, could anyone bring any light to this matter?
thanks

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Usually when i go for a run i seem to get sore ankles and they seem to go stiff, but really they just get quite sore and its effecting my performance, my breathing is fine i feel bright as a daisy but its my ankles and lower legs that seems to let me down, could anyone bring any light to this matter?
thanks

What terrain would you normally be running when this pain starts to happen mate?, Because sometimes when im running in the field next to my house i get this problem because of the undulation in the terrain im running on, But when on a treadmill when its 100% flat im fine, So it could just be the terrain your running on mate, Or maybe the amount of pressure your pushing down with when running!

Sam

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I run on roads because there are no parks or cross country tracks near me.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Oh right cant help you there then mate, Maybe google it, Sure something will come up!

Good luck!
Sam

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Ankle pain Common Training Injuries 6
Private_Ryan Fractured Ankle - Advice Common Training Injuries 6
G lower leg injury (ankle) Common Training Injuries 0