Another new guy!

Fringe!

Reaction score
Hey guys, whats up? My names Jonny, I'm 16, 17 in June, joined here because I'm potentially thinking about joining the Royal Marines as an officer and I'm sure I can learn lots from you guys and share stuff.

I weight lift three days a week and run three days a week with one day off, and will sometimes bike on a weight lifting day if I have the time.

I'm currently training for the Nottingham half marathon in September which should be fun, PB for 1 mile is 5m 43s, currently running at around 6.40m/mile for 6 miles.

Besides keeping fit I like playing on my 360, going out with friends and surfing teh interwebz

so yeah, thats about it ha, hai!

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
welcome, this site is excellent!

hope you learn alot from it , like i have done, and that *text deleted* app is successfull!

*text deleted* running times are dam good *text deleted*! jealous !

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Matey!..

Welcome Aboard this awesome forum.. You'll Learn alot from this bunch on here.. Ive only just recently joined and learnt so much too!..

Enjoy!
Sam

Fringe!

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies both of you, what are you two hoping to do?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies both of you, what are you two hoping to do?
A Warm welcome is always nice i say!, Does no harm!, First Impressions are always the best!...

I'm Wanting to go in as a Commando not sure on what im wanting to do yet but Mountain Leader or maybe a pilot sounds pretty good. Not 100% Sure yet tho. Going down to the AFCO Tomorrow so ill find out more info on certain jobs!..

Add me on msn if you fancy a chat - rusty_mountainbiking@hotmail.co.uk

Sam

Fringe!

Reaction score
A Warm welcome is always nice i say!, Does no harm!, First Impressions are always the best!...

I'm Wanting to go in as a Commando not sure on what im wanting to do yet but Mountain Leader or maybe a pilot sounds pretty good. Not 100% Sure yet tho. Going down to the AFCO Tomorrow so ill find out more info on certain jobs!..

Add me on msn if you fancy a chat - rusty_mountainbiking@hotmail.co.uk

Sam
Awesome, yeah I will do, probably be on msn later, I'm going to my local recruitment centre on friday to get a few things down, im still a bit undecided between the army and marines, so I'll see what they say *text deleted*

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
welcome *text deleted* good luck with the northhampton marathon

M

marcsteele08

Welcome bud,
there is a similar thread about on the site, about someone who is tore between the marines and paras (boo).
I'll get you the link so you can read up on the pros and cons of both, and post it up in 2 tics.

Marc.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alrighte ginge!

mate drop the weight training u want lean muscle not muscle mass!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hiya Jonny (Fringe) & welcome.

Your run-times sound good, keep running the distance & it bodes well.

For upper body, rather than big weights, keep the reps going on relatively small weights & get the close-arm press-ups & back-handed (thumbs out) pull-ups perfect. Aim for quality rather than quantity initially fella.

Good luck