Another RM documentary.

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
pre afghan RT seems allot different to now. purely based on what the media portrays by the way

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yep, that the documentary I remember watching although would have sworn it was pre 1999. Can't beleive it has been 9 years, where has that gone?

It's the best documentary I have seen about the Marines.

Zefan

Reaction score
The Seargent with the moustache (didn't catch his name) in that is also in Commando on the Front Line, and he definitely seems less harsh.

This could be due to a couple of things, firstly that the issues brought up in this 1999 documentary concerning the fact that the young man of today is a very different creature to those who were brought up in the 70's have been taken into account and new measures have been brought in to action to attempt to combat the huge dropout rate.

Alternatively it could merely be the media shaping it into a fluffier package, it would be pretty easy to do.

Another factor that was key in their troubles with training/passing out recruits was the lack of demand for the Corps. Now we have a huge conflict occurring in the middle east this pressure has been taken quite swiftly off them, maybe allowing them to crank up the harshness in training once more.

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaw mate! Hoofing stuff! bloody brilliant, your a Gem! *text deleted*

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think my friend is in this one... i will have to watch and find out.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have never took commando on the front line seriously to be honest as it seemed to soft and chris terril most proberly did fluff it up a bit. i would much rather them be stricter and harsher because in the long run i dont want to pass out and them say well 10 years ago you wouldnt of made it i want to be the best they can make me and if thats being harsh and having another 200 beastings then so be it