Any advice for mindset when injured?

JoeJitsu94

Reaction score
Injured myself recently which will take around 7/8 weeks to recover, right before i was ready to take the vpjft and get down to lympstone, Gutted is an understatement.

it’s been 10 days since injury and 10 days since I last trained and already struggling mentally. Feeling mega miserable majority of the day etc.

Any words of advice anyone can offer?

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
What's your injury?

stumpylegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just use this time to gain skills valuable at ctc, ie corp history, Afghan, falklands etc
Got out of many a reparade at 8pm from the DL’s because I knew corp history. Even used to read it during the drill breaks on the back of the drill shed wall.

Steeplejackb

Reaction score
Whats the injury and can you smash any other form of phys whilst recovering? I'm off running at the minute i've been getting on the bike every day and cracking out a lot of pull ups. All the best with your recovery.

JoeJitsu94

Reaction score
Minor fracture on a false rib left side. Pretty much all phys gives it agro apart from walking. It’s not the worst injury but just a nuisance having a few weeks out so close to joining up too!!

I like the idea of brushing up on Corps history though. Obviously google is the place for that but are there any decent books based on royals history??

Steeplejackb

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like a showstopper, unlucky.

Not much on corps history but I have just read mark time's first two books, both a great read.

stumpylegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Minor fracture on a false rib left side. Pretty much all phys gives it agro apart from walking. It’s not the worst injury but just a nuisance having a few weeks out so close to joining up too!!

I like the idea of brushing up on Corps history though. Obviously google is the place for that but are there?
The yompers: about marines in the falklands but talks about what the other services are doing, read this before starting Rt, it helped, not an easy read because it’s a lot of facts not writing from a first person perspective.

Broke my rib a month before Rt, didn’t think to tell AFCO because I’d already had my last meeting and tickets to lympstone for RT. Only made RMCC painful :D