Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Any advice would be great

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Doota, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Doota

Doota New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hey!

I'm 20 years old, and dropped out of school when I was 14 due to social anxiety and depression, and I've finally now recently started to work hard on sorting everything out. I'm 5'9FT and only 43kg so I'm underweight by alot.

I ended up finding this forum whilst looking around, also the fact my cousin is in the Navy and thoroughly enjoys it prompted me to keep looking.

It's probably been answered already somewhere and I haven't searched hard enough. but do you have any advice on what I should do here on out to start actively attempting to try and become a Royal Marine?

Any advice on what I should do here on out would be greatly appreciated, I already plan on beginning to increase my weight and fitness / Continue to browse through the forums for any more information I can look into.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome to the site.

Medical suitability for service following mental health issues depends on length of treatment, how the condition manifested, what was diagnosed, whether it involved self-harm, etc. Generally speaking, applicants need to be 3 years clear of any treatment.

As you are probably aware, 65Kgs is minimum weight for entry.

Best bet? Register your interest online then contact your local AFCO to check whether your medical history is likely to be an issue.

Best of luck in reaching your goal.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Medical issues are a bit of a minefield I find, being that I've been going through my application for nearly 2 years now and I'm 27. Honestly mate, being 20, you got the time. Smash the physical training, eat big and keep the goal in mind. Once you've spoken to your afco they should give you a rough time estimate when you'll be clear to advance and use that as your goal for hitting those stats weight wise and physical fitness wise. When you start lifting and smashing out press ups / sit ups / pull ups you'll gain alot of weight in muscle.

4. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

GOMAD.

Google it, you've got a journey ahead of you regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MassamanDave

MassamanDave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Start eating and lifting! Maybe buy some mass gainer? A good way of getting alot of calories in without feeling like you're force feeding yourself