Any fello Boxers on here?

greenlid

Reaction score
Alright lads, just wondered if anyone else on here was into their boxing? How many fights you've had, how long you've been boxing etc.....

Cheers Alex.

am19

Reaction score
Hello mate,

Been waiting on me boxin license for ages now at my current club, my coach is pretty old tho and keeps forgettin 2 sort it out.
Trained with another club a few weeks ago and have been asked to box for them so think i might join up and try and get first fight before the end of the current season if poss.

Whats your record *text deleted*??

RC

Reaction score
Yeah .... love it !

I don't Box competitively anymore, but I still train/spar and do a bit of coaching.

My record was - won 5 ( 1 by TKO ) , lost 1. Started when I was about 12-13 and was into it very seriously till about 17. Then some moron fired the gym over some kind of dispute. Took a while to refurbish the gym during in which time I lost interest unfortunately. Since then I have been on and off for the past 10-11 years.

I regret not keeping at it seriously though.

What's your backround mate ?

Rich.

Leedham

Reaction score
Any1 ever travelled down to a show at Mottram and Hattersley ABC? just outside of manchester?

Used to box there, seen and had a fair few fights

greenlid

Reaction score
Alright guys. Been doing it for about a year, I'm welterweight and my record is 1 fight 1 win. Just started doing it for the fitness but really got into it. Find it helps to relieve some stress and anger, and a great work out. I think I'm down to box at an exibition night at the end of May should be good. Leedham mate never been but if its a good night might be worth a look, bit far from me though.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Did boxing for close on 3 years back home, got my amateur licence but the group of trainers that ran the gym died shortly after in a car accident and the next place i went too shut down shortly after joining so i never carried on with it. But not sure how well i would have done competitively though as i had a tendency to block a little to much with my face ;)

Leedham

Reaction score
Alright guys. Been doing it for about a year, I'm welterweight and my record is 1 fight 1 win. Just started doing it for the fitness but really got into it. Find it helps to relieve some stress and anger, and a great work out. I think I'm down to box at an exibition night at the end of May should be good. Leedham mate never been but if its a good night might be worth a look, bit far from me though.

It used to be a s*text deleted*t'ole when i was there, but about 3 months after i left they got a grant from the local council and now its all modern n flashy! Its a bit bobbins for watchin shows *text deleted* *text deleted* so i wouldnt go out of your way to get down.

Does anyone know anything about boxing in tha marines? I've read on the navy website they do it, but not on the marines site.

greenlid

Reaction score
Yeah a cpl I know boxed for 42 Cdo, I think its quite a big thing in the corps. Keeps you fit, and robust to say the least.....

mikewebb

Reaction score
hey, ye i box.
always wanted to get in 2 it then decided to take it up for the fitness as i knew it wud b gwd prep for the marines. club opened up in my town so i joined in. been boxing bout 5 o 6 months now had one fight and broke his nose *text deleted* got another one friday night actually, then another 2 weeks later ( home show everyone i know *text deleted* b there so will b nervous) *text deleted*
anyway luv to box im pretty gwd considerin i aint been in the game long and find it awsum trainin for the marines. next season i plan to win the welsh championships n then shud b bout the time to join up. had loads of people talking to me bout boxing for the marines but its only ever really been a thing to do to get ready for it..
anyway
good luck with trainin

ps if u wna watch my first fight the links here http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bzv2Du5jtpk but plz id only been trainin a few months not gna b the best *text deleted*

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
Ive box three times a week, find it amazing for fitness. proper old school gym too, a ring, loads of scabby medicine balls, plenty of press ups and sit ups!! I love it! Not boxing competitively, but there are quite a few UNREAL boxers there. Anyone read Ian Olivers book ''Fighting Fit''? Its the best fitness book out there and I guarantee it will improve your fizz no end!

jorge1992

Reaction score
orryt mate yeah i used to box at hattersly i live in hyde were u from? n when u goin in mate?
wb

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
yeah i box, well not *text deleted* i've left my gym because my trainer was being a complete *text deleted**text deleted* with me because i wanted just to start doing the fitness for a bit, you know, while i'm doing the application for the marines.. I had done it for about 5 years. I've had 15 fights and won 9, not half bad record, i won the national golden belt title 2007 as well and boxed in Poland and Guernsey!.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I came back 2 hours ago from my first boxing session ever, never boxed in my life, and I can safely say that I fcking love it. I picked up on the footwork real quick and my jabs, I'm a south paw so every time the coach says right jab I have to do it with my left which confuses me *text deleted*, but its brilliant got punched in the face and for once I laughed about it hahaha. I'll be going 3 times a week and I'm *text deleted* take it seriously I think, we'll see.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Boxing

I boxed during my time in the Corps. It was, as ever, hard work, but also enjoyable.

I also met up with Terry Marsh a year or so ago in London. Terry is a former marine, who won his world title fight in Basildon in 1987. I think it was around March 4th. I was there with some of my oppos. The music played that night was "Everybody Wants to Rule The World" By Tears For Fears, and that night, Terry did just that.

Cheers

Steve

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I started boxing fairly recently but am finding it very hard.

I have been doing martial arts for around 12 years and in the last few I found MMA via UFC on TV, so started Muay Thai.

So now I'm Trying Boxing to improve my reaction speed, and sharpen my hand strike technique. Problem is, its in my nature to use my elbows and knees. I'm ok when I'm thinking "box,box,box" but as soon as I stop thinking and let my basic fighting/defense instinct take over, my elbows start to speak up. Yea they don't like that at my club! same as if someone comes in for a clinch (cuddle really isn't it guys) My knees just find themselves desperately wanting to nestle into their ribs!

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Why have I bought a skipping rope for? *text deleted* whats skipping good for?

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
skipping is good for co-ordination basically, it can be used for fitness but its like half as good as running but if you do it a certain way it works your forearms quite well.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yea I'm getting the hang off it now, my feet are getting less clumsy. I just got back from a two and half hour KO session and my body feels like its *text deleted* shatter in to little pieces, my arms are dead, my back is dead, my legs are dead, my wrists and my feet are numb and I got punched a few times in the face (was my fault I had my guard down) and got completely beasted with Burpees , luckily I love the pain or else I would of been out that door and never to return *text deleted*. The coaches are well tough on people and proper gives you discipline when your fatigued and when you feel like slacking you'll get beasted even harder, If its one thing they hate is slackers, one guy nearly got kicked out the club today because he was slacking and got a good ear full *text deleted*. Boxing is the perfect training for PRMC I believe and has introduced me to a whole new level of pain and its f@king buzzin.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Do abit of boxing on Friday and Saturday nights :) :laugh:.. Last weekend these bunch of muppet started on me when i was with my bird!, But the thing was there was like 5 of them, But i thought "Fu*k It", Lets show these little muppets what im all about, An jabbed one of them with a sweeet right huck and it fired him back a few steps back an then the rest of them just all backed off, I Dont think they wer expecting me to retaliate but thats the thing with people like that!, There all mouth!.

Thats the only boxing i do guys hahah :laugh:

Sam

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
''The fight is the easiest part, the hardest part is the training'' Mike Tyson

and now max is *text deleted* indulge himself with a nice hot bath....