any help??

darrenbownes

Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid but I'm having problems reaching the level of fitness needed, I'm not sure on the best way of improving my fitness. Which would be the best way and the most effective ? Any ideas lads- would be really helpful ? :praise:

M

MTW

............yawn.

there is no secret we all know FFS!!

running! situps! pushups! pullups! pain! hardwork!

look on the rm website for a good fitness program, and for the targets for prmc.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing i would suggest is just keep at it. Take small steps and eventually you will get there. Get a routiene going stick to it.

Best of luck mate

darrenbownes

Reaction score
Thanks lads, and mtw no need to be sarcastic I just need a little help thats all, thanks anyway.

M

MTW

seriously tho...what are you expecting us to tell you?

practice, hard work, and patience.....all it takes, keep it simple

just out of curiousity what stage are you at and how old are you?

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Jump up 3 times, spin around clockwise twice, then counter-clockwise once, then go outside do some *text deleted*ing exercise ;)

darrenbownes

Reaction score
I'm doing 60 push ups 50 sit up 12 pull ups 110 thrusts 40 elbow to knee and 1.5 in 10.15

M

MTW

id say just keep practicing with your pushps and pullups, your not that far off with them, id say keep on the 3 milers, and do them prmc style 12 mins for first 1.5. miles then under 10.30 for 1.5 miles, and id reckon you should aim to shave about a min from your 1.5 mile time ideally....how far are you allong with your app?

darrenbownes

Reaction score
I have only just started applying so loads of time yet. What time do you need to pass your mile and a half?

M

MTW

10.30 but only a handfull of people got above 9.50 on my prmc, i would definatly go for 9.30ish on both the PJFT and the PRMC in order to not stick out....people say a pass is a pass and all that bollocks, but in the with the marines you dont want to be the last man,or one of them.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Aside from cutting down run time - you should be fine, and MTW is the tome of knowledge, so listen young padawan :P

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
yer fair enough...and what's pjft??

Have a butchers at the Official RM website regarding the selection process. After you've had a good look around, by all means ask anything you can't find.

Alternatively, try the search function at the top of the page. The green bits in people's responses are links- click on them & you will find the answer.

Please don't expect to be spoon fed- you have to show some initiative or you will end-up getting short shrift.

Good luck

M

MTW

dude.....jesus christ....your asking for fitness help and you dont *text deleted* what your aiming for....hit the RM website pronto! look at the fitness training, prmc standards, and the week by week recruit training shedule...with videos to keep you entertained.

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Goto

Rosstraining.com and buy a book called never gymless. use the book train *text deleted**text deleted*ing hard and then throw up a lung.

or use this book

http://rapidlibrary.com/download_file_i.php?qq=ross enamait&file=3106541&desc=Ross+Enamait+-+The+Underground+Guide+.pdf

or goto transformetrics.com and buy pushing yourself to power and start training hard.

or goto

WWW.STEWSMITH.COM
and click on the articles section. you should find more then enough info on stews site for FREE to get you in shape.

There is no Silver Bullet no magic pill just hard work. and persistance.
never give up and IT WILL COME

Tom

Latest posts

New Threads