Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Any hints or tips for rower

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by The Creature of the Night, Jul 29, 2018.

1. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi there, lads

As people know, been a long journey fit for the RMR and now just waiting for my medical (was postpound due to doctor going on vacation!) but wanted to know what hints there are for the rower to get me ready for PRMRC

Thanks for that.

2. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Oh I have many.

Read this; www.redking.me.uk/sport/rowing/training/c2_training_v2.pdf

Build a decent base level of fitness first with long slow distance rowing (for example, I spent approximately 6 months doing UT1 and UT/2 training as my majority training, eventually building up to approximately 100,000m a week)

Once that was done, I then switched to the following plan;

https://thepeteplan.wordpress.com/the-pete-plan/

read and digest. That's a continuous improvement rowing programme. On top of that, I sprinkle in some runs and load carries to address other training needs.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. JTech

JTech Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Do you feel your running ability is close to what it would be if you were running instead of the rowing workouts you do?

Just curious as I've been wanting to incorporate rowing in to my plan but thought I should just run as you don't do much rowing in RT and everyone says train specific.
    Cheers