Any ideas?

Hosking

Reaction score
Hello all, I a few Years time I hope to be Joining the Royal Marines Commando's just like my brtoher and i'm wondering at the age of 14 have I got a good Physical Fitness,

Mile run In Under 5 Minutes
15 pull ups
10 Press ups
15 Sit ups
200m Breast stroke
200m Front crawl
100m Butterfly
200m Backstroke

Please Type Back soon And if theres Anything I can Improve on.

Thanks, Josh

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, I a few Years time I hope to be Joining the Royal Marines Commando's just like my brtoher and i'm wondering at the age of 14 have I got a good Physical Fitness,

15 pull ups
10 Press ups
15 Sit ups
200m Breast stroke
200m Front crawl
100m Butterfly
200m Backstroke

Please Type Back soon And if theres Anything I can Improve on.

Thanks, Josh

You can run a mile in under 5 minutes :confused:

And how can you do 15 pull ups and only 10 press ups.
Its a bit higelty pigelty *text deleted*, good fitness but a bit confusing.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
mile run in under 5 mins is good but you need to be better at long 3-5 mile runs rather than short sprints.
im not sure how you can only manage 10 press ups but you can manage 15 pull ups
I THINK(not sure someone will confirm) that on prmc you need to be able 70 press ups and 4-5 pull ups

cliffhanger

Reaction score
Hi,

Ermm, like somebody said above, they are a bit confusing...

Basically though, work on your pressups (marine) and situps.

Im about the same age as you and I can do 30 pressups nd 90 odd situps if that helps?

I'm loving your sub 5 minute mile time though!

C

cujo

hi buddy, i was at the peak of my fitness around the same age 14-15 and used to be able to run 1 mile under 5mins, i'm now 18 and struggling to get it un 6mins! so keep on running! try doing the press ups 1st the situps 2nd and then the pull ups, so that you will be putting in more effort and energy into your press ups. oh and make sure you go on the rm website to make sure your doing them correctly, most people get caught out on the press ups

p.s. if your 14 then you have plenty of time, you can only get fitter (unless you stop)

15 pull ups
10 Press ups
15 Sit ups
200m Breast stroke
200m Front crawl
100m Butterfly
200m Backstroke

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
mile run in under 5 mins is good but you need to be better at long 3-5 mile runs rather than short sprints.
im not sure how you can only manage 10 press ups but you can manage 15 pull ups
I THINK(not sure someone will confirm) that on prmc you need to be able 70 press ups and 4-5 pull ups

You dont have to do as much as 70 press ups :eek: remember they are marine press ups. You can pass PRMC with 45-50 press ups.

Hosking

Reaction score
umm

I don't get what you mean About how it's Confusing, But i have always been good at long distance there is a Course down In Helston Called Loe bar which Leads into A place called Porthleven or near the which is 4 miles there and back i have tried it few time but stop after every 2.5 and 15 pull Was a typo i meant 10 Sorry.

thanks, Josh

Hosking

Reaction score
1 More thing

Sorry Double post but, Marine press Ups Never herd of how they go Anyone Tell me how?

Thanks, Josh

C

cujo

arms tight against *text deleted* sides rather than wide arm press ups (much easier), put a tennis ball under your chest t make sure you are going down enough, go on the rrm website, its all on there

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Lockdown Training Ideas Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 3
G Presents ideas Parents & Partners 5
M Scrapbook ideas Parents & Partners 11