Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Any PRMC questions?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by StrSam, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Breeze2

Breeze2 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I’m off in the morning for my prmc, I know the determination test lasts for as long as the ptis want but how long do you reckon yours went on for? And which order did your gym tests go in? Well done for passing mate

2. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ah good luck mate! It's good to get down there and experience it all. Make sure that when the pti says to fill up your water bottles, they're FULL like beyond imagination overflowing kind of full, or you'll get a grilling.

Our order was:
    Bleep test, press ups, sit ups, pull ups, then a small break for scran and things, then your run.

Not too sure how long it was *text deleted*. We were on the bottom field for a while because of the confidence test and the assault course beforehand, and It all merged into one big test for me. I'm not even going to attempt to spew out a guess on the time, but honestly it's definitely doable and just keep chugging along. Make sure to stretch and/or foam roll after the determination test too.

Good luck and let us all know how you do!

3. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Gotcha! Well I’ll worry about that when it’s time!

Right now my arms are like Irish pennants, so it’s push up and pull up central over here!

Also, how much time between each exercise in the gym?

4. Breeze2

Breeze2 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Appreciate the reply cheers mate, taken everything on board. One other strange question in terms of civvy clothing what did you take? Obviously the standard jeans, T-shirt, jumper, trainers but did you take any shorts/trackies for the evenings whilst cleaning the rooms or doing admin for example?

5. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Haha doesnt matter how you look as long as you perform!
    You get a good 5 minutes between each exercise, as you have the instructor explain the exercise and demonstrate, plus your partner going before/after you so more than enough time for any achey arms to subside.

6. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    No question is strange, don't worry about It. Happy to answer all!
    I actually didnt bring any Jeans. I instead brought some super comfy trackie-esque trousers. It's for when you're cleaning and in the block so you can wear anything you feel comfy in. I had a nice t shirt and jumper, comfy trousers and a sexy socks and flip flop combo (of course)

You can bring jeans for the train home if you'd like. some lads changed in the pub afterwards, but I stayed in my suit on the train back. You don't go anywhere around base without a suit on, including the scran hall.

7. Breeze2

Breeze2 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Ni
    nice one thank you mate, appreciate it. Looking forward to getting down there, getting it done and getting in the pub after for a beer to celebrate!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    @StrSam

Anyone do or say anything ridiculous on your PRMC? Haha

9. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    We were pretty tame to be honest! Only have a few days knowing the guys and you're all *text deleted* your pants that the corporal with have a dig, so we were on our best behaviour! We shared some jokes and had a good laugh and a good time, but nothing worth repeating.

One thing that made the pti and WO laugh on the endurance course...
    We were running through woodbury following the pti and he suddenly just sprinted off double speed and no one could possibly catch him (despite trying) he stopped at an opening and said to everyone "why didnt you guys close the gap?"
    After a small little silence, one of the other guys shouts out,
    "...because we're D1CKS Corporal" which got a huge chuckle and a 'fair play' from the corporal.
    They do say a lot of funny things (the training team) but I was super hanging out and I didnt process much of it!
    We had a good chat with some Royal Marines that had just passed training a few weeks prior, and the stories they had were absolutely hilarious too. About different punishments they had to endure or different nights out they had. I can't really repeat them on here though!

10. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    @StrSam

Oh yeah I’m sure they’re funny!

The PTI at the RMAD I went to was hilarious.

I imagine the punishments are funnier in retrospect than they are at the time! Haha!

11. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just wait until RT, lightbulbs and terminators are pretty funny to see people doing - picture the t800 crawling and screwing in lightbulbs with "really really REALLY long threads". Stood on the landing for 40 minutes doing lightbulbs because someone checked their watch or something as little as that, training team decided they would help pass the time

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  12. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
  13. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    picture screwing in two lightbulbs above your head with really long threads, biceps touching ears. Your shoulders just go into spam while the training team laugh

• Like Like x 1