Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Any Quezzies, Fire away

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Welshy, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Welshy

Welshy Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    If anyone who's going into training or in training has any questions feel free to send them my way i'll do what i can to help

I passed out of training last year
    welshy

• Like Like x 3
  2. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Ex Pongo

How much training is dedicated to drinking heavily, getting naked and spinning dits?

3. lilsis

lilsis Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    From what I hear from my nod the whole months wages is dedicated to drinking :mad:

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. lilsis

lilsis Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    It’s not bloody hoofin it’s annoying he owes me a fortune :D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Ex Pongo

Easily fixed, simply rename your online banking account as

“Money to support the mocking of Para’s” and he’ll have paid back double what he owes.

6. lilsis

lilsis Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Oh and don’t forget the local strip joint which they seem to spend a lot of time too -banghead- so he should be pretty good at pole dancing too by the time he passes out

• Hoofin Hoofin x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    None anymore. It’s all about politics mate.
    All the company bars are closed, all usual run ashore morale is stamped out, and discipline dished out heavily.

Can’t have naked bars and the usual fun with women in. Think of the headlines!

• Like Like x 1
  8. lilsis

lilsis Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    The sooner the woman join then the sooner his bank account might start looking better

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  9. Welshy

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    the things that went on last year I reckon they’ll be more firm with the rules when ashore too

10. Welshy

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    When the naffi gets cheaper that’s when I’ll be happy

11. anon1234

anon1234 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What was the phys like during phase 1?

Was it twice per day sometimes, several hours on end?

Which was the hardest exercise and why?

Thank you!

12. Welshy

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Phys during phase one is pretty stinking buts it’s a gradual increase so you’ll do IMF and runs things like that as well as sessions in the pool all based around building that base level of fitness that’ll set you up for later on in training, a few load carries as well and speed marches although you will build up to them progressively, it’s been a while since I was in phase one but I don’t think you do IMF twice a day but you will probably have like say a double session in the gymnasium straight into a swim and things like that
    Every criteria test they give you they’ve given you an equal ammount of phys sessions to prepare you for it it’s *text deleted* be a griz but that’s the point,

As to what the hardest exercise for me was.... if we’re talking about phase one I’d say it’s a toss up between marshal star (week 7) and hunters moon (week 10 I think it is) due to the fact in week seven you’re getting to grips with naving and using maps to get about the ground things like that and then that’s tested in hunters moon but as long as you pay attention to what you’re taught and put you’re all into your phys you’ll be alright, if you don’t understand something just ask it’s better to ask and get it explained than mess it up and get in *text deleted* for it

• Like Like x 4
  13. anon1234

anon1234 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thank you for answering!

Also just one more...did you always have a PTI on exercise with you to do phys? I've seen PTI's sometimes take the troop through phys on exercise

Again, thank you

14. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What are the most favoured SQ's after RT?

I've heard of ML's and PWI's being really popular but what are some of the other most sought-after SQ's and does going to a specific unit, let's say 45, help get an edge in getting the role you would want?

15. pushups1999

pushups1999 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just a quick question on swimming in RT. How often would you be in the pool a week and what would the sessions consist of? Plus what would you say is the best thing to work on before you go into training?

16. Welshy

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

They can do but normally they don’t, in phase one you’ll do troop phys whilst in the field so things like fireman’s carries and runs stuff like that but no normally they don’t, although some attend their troops final Ex’s I think it depends what they’ve got going on

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welshy

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Most of the time you’ll be busy in the field so you won’t do phys as what you’re doing will be physically demanding enough but for the first few exercises of training the PTI will probably show his face and take you for some field phys

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welshy

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

To be honest mate SQ is solely based on what you want to get out of the corp it might be in the way of transferable qualifications it could be for job satisfaction it solely depends on what specifically appeals to you as an individual but yeah things like PW’s ML’s mortars and Anti tanks are popular because they’re mostly posted with the main commando units so you’ll always be busy doing something, it does solely depend on what you want to do the best advice I’d give is ask a lot of questions I’ve put in for my PW’s now and no matter what you put in for there’s a waiting list so make sure you know that as it may be a case of doing a job you don’t want to do for a while to help bump your name up that list (again speak to your AFCO in regards to things like Spec’s etc I’m sure they’ll be more qualified to tell you)

19. Welshy

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    During phase one you’ll do a few sessions a week of “swimming” or as I call it .... trying not to drown, to be honest mate confidence in the water is a massive thing which me myself fall foul of. My personal opinion ... get yourself into the pool once or twice a week not only will it help with your confidence in the water, it’ll also remove that impact from your legs so it’ll give them a chance to rest “active recovery” and keep on top of your stretching, hypoxic lengths are always a good way to go and fetching things from a pools bottom

• Like Like x 1
  20. anon1234

anon1234 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Great thread, thanks for the info chaps