Any tips on improving press-ups?

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by codycaesar, Nov 27, 2018.

1. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    anyone have any tips or help improving press-ups I’ve hit a sort of plateau, frustrating because I can max out sit-ups fairly easily and get stuck on 35-40 press-ups

• Like Like x 1
  2. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Sort of same problem here, although for me at least, I might be able to attribute it to the amount of weight I'm gaining through trying to get to around a healthy 70kg and my fitness is having to catch up with the extra weight.
    But I still need help with the pushups and pull ups, as I really want to try and max these out scores wise.

Edit
    I did find something a few years ago that I do every sixth months which is supposed to help:
    https://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/try-pushup-push-workout
    Now I've started a different fitness plan, I'm wary of going back to this for fear of overtraining as I'm already picking up 'injury' after injury.

• Like Like x 1
  3. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Yeah I was underweight too and now I’m working with about 7kg that I’m not used to, just got to suck it up and put the work in I suppose, thanks for the reply anyway :)

4. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Try searching gainers in the search on this forum. Also you could try using a weighted vest? It will feel like you're going backwards at first because they'll be a struggle with the vest on but when you do them without you should see some improvement (after consistant use of it)

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

What is your 1 rep max bench press?

6. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I’ve never tested my 1 rep max I do weightlifting few times a week and usually 4 sets 10-12-10-8,

7. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

If your 1 rep max is 3/4 or less than your body weight then your issue is strength related.