Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

anybody starting rt on 1st september

Discussion in 'General Archives' started by keeton, Jun 25, 2008.

1. keeton

keeton New Member

j/w if any1 else is starting recruit training on the 1st of september?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Try the 973 Troop Thread in the Recruit Training dates forum.

Good luck & enjoy!

3. TheBaker

TheBaker Member

I possibly/hopefully will be.:bigsmile:

Ninja: I was wondering if 1st September date fills up faster than others due to it being first after the leave?

Cheers.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yes, many people target the first troop after leave so as they get an uninterupted start into Recruit Training before the next leave period.

Many school-leavers aim to have their usual summer break before focussing on their careers in September. Certainly my AFCO is busiest between June to September.

5. Grimesy

Grimesy New Member

proberbly posting this is wrong area but hey never mind

how does the next step go, i passed my pjft last wednesday but my afco said they wont send anyone on a prmc untill they have looked at their fitness on one of the tuesday tarining sessions the afco has. prob is when i phoned up the other day they said the nxt training session is july 15th. i dont really want to wait another 3 weeks just to book a prmc, let alone attend one.

question is should i be expecting a letter this week or anything from my afco asking when i want to attend a prmc, or will i have to wait the 3 weeks untill the next tuesday session, and then sort it out. as ninja says its a busy time of year, i just dont wana end up on a prmc in sep, the other prob being there is only one prmc in aug and i bet thats all booked already!

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If you ask your Careers Adviser, he/she may be prepared to book you provisionally on a PRMC with the option to take you off it if you do not attend or under-perform on a scheduled training session in July.

Ultimately it's the AFCO's call & understandably they do not want to risk sending someone who may not yet be ready, but it maybe worth at least asking.

7. jay2401

jay2401 New Member

Which AFCO do you work at?

Admin edit: It's a 'state secret' as it would be unfair to suggest one AFCO is any different or better than the next. Likewise it could be controversial if one of my colleagues or I had to reject an applicant that could be identified on here geographically or by name, so anonymity is the name of the game to try and remain impartial.

Ninja

8. RoyalMarine42

RoyalMarine42 New Member