Anyone else feel like this....?

NicholasSkamballis

Reaction score
Right since i can remember i've wanted to be in the forces. And as i've grown older my knowledge of the forces has expanded. I've learnt about different regiments, brigades and different services. And what grabbed my interest is obviously The Royal Marines.

So after a lot of talks with AFCO's friends and family i've decided to persue my career. I've passed everything and now my PRMC is in two weeks. However I am feeling slightly overwhelmed, (not in a bad way) to think that I could potentially have the career that i've always wanted from since i was child.

mikewebb

Reaction score
ye i see what you mean, ye its over whelming, it was always gona be, just gota go for it, if this is all uv ever wanted and u dont go for it now what u gona think in years to come knowing your life hasnt been as good as it could have. we all have nerves and feelings bout joining but ya just *text deleted* go for it, same thing with anything new. this time next year you'll be the person youve always wanted to be , just trying to think like that shud help you through it.
good luck

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, i have my PRMC in around 3 weeks time and it just kind of hits you that you're pretty close to beginning a life changing career.

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Same here mate... i think about joining up all the time and i get myself all exided...*text deleted*. does feel a bit overwhelming sometimes but my biggest fear in life is failure... so i will make myself ready before hand.

Azza01

Reaction score
Yeh I konw what you mean about the over whelming feeling, in the same boat to be honest, got my psychometric test 2moz and the reality of becoming a marine is hitting me *text deleted*, oviously got a long way to go but its the first step so feeling anxious about it *text deleted*. At the end of the day I much like you have wanted to do it for a long time and think this is the best route for me as I feel I can acheive a lot of things I want to by joning, theres not to many other opions that I feel I want to do, also I will probably regrete never trying this in the future if I didnt.

NicholasSkamballis

Reaction score
thanks for all your posts, yeah it's not a bad feeling, and i am going for it all 110% it just feels almost like a dream!