Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

anyone else got this date

Discussion in 'General Archives' started by bear86, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Connorb14

Connorb14 New Member

Good mate looking forward to it now like :)))

2. Gerald Brown

Gerald Brown New Member

What was the toughest part for you? And what were your stats for the 3 miler and gym test out of curiosity?

3. fatguy705

fatguy705 New Member

Toughest part was probably the run back on the endurance bit around the last mile, but I'm a big lad as well so i struggled on crawls, walks and I'm not amazing press ups. although it isn't phys as well the hardest part is waiting around in anticipation of what's next. Its all do-able though, just got to have the right mind set.

I haven't spoken to my AFCO yet but i know i was:
    6th out of 37 on the return which was around 8 mins, i think
    bleep test i maxed out to level 13
    no idea on press ups/sit ups.
    Think i only managed 5 pull ups.

Don't underestimate how tired you'll be in the gym after the bleep test. You won't reach your normal most probably.
    In the gym as well don't fidget, scratch or move unless told because its extra phys you don't need. Move at the pace of 1000 gazelles when told to.

Learn some good jokes too. We played a game called: Tell a joke or get phys with the training team.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Connorb14

Connorb14 New Member

Is the swimming test still a swim around the perimeter of the pool mate?

5. fatguy705

fatguy705 New Member

yes

6. Connorb14

Connorb14 New Member

cheers pal anything else top tips or advice for down on PRMC?

7. fatguy705

fatguy705 New Member

Just do as you're told and be early for eveything, you can't go far wrong with that.

If you work too id advise to take a couple of days off and not go in straight after friday. i could hardly walk, same as quite a few other lads!

8. Supermad

Supermad New Member

Always remember green team is awesome too if your in it

• Like Like x 1
  9. Connorb14

Connorb14 New Member

Not surprised mate cheers and cheers as well supermad!

• Like Like x 1
  10. bear86

bear86 New Member

Well fellas I'm all set ready for the morning if we stick together we will pull each other through !! Let's get it smashed !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Good luck lads, smash it

12. PRMD

PRMD New Member

Do you have to tread water after the swim around the pool - my treading water is pretty bad :/

I can swim okay but when it comes to that I struggle.

13. fatguy705

fatguy705 New Member

Nope its just a swim around the pool.

14. Supermad

Supermad New Member

Top tip mate don't let anyone scare you I.e staff I jumped in water and as soon as I hit the water forgot how to swim-_______- finished it and graded strong swimmer just don't let nerves get you

15. PRMD

PRMD New Member

Are you 100% sure because my careers advisor said that we have to tread water and it does mention it on the Royal Marines poster and in booklets :s

Were you on the most recent PRMC? because I do NOT want to fail this. I'm going swimming at 9pm because I don't want to miss a single swimming session as that's my weak point yet my PRMC is the 21st this month so please Confirm 100% only if you know.

Thank you :)

16. Supermad

Supermad New Member

seriously mate don't worry about its around the perimeter off the pool don't worry about it you'll be fine at it

• Like Like x 1
  17. PRMD

PRMD New Member

Have you just done the PRMC? If so can you varify what he said for me please, also what sort of questions do you get asked such as interview questions and throughout the course?

I'm *text deleted* em' but looking forward to it at the same time; it's a brain fart for sure. :P

18. Supermad

Supermad New Member

Yeah mate did the one last week and passed I didn't get interviewed but some other people did in the lecture every prmc is different but as long as you give it 110% and enjoy it Friday will quickly come remember everyone is in the same boat be sociable but remember why you are there do not give in at any point don't under estimate anything and don't move even if you have some random leg twitch in the gym test trust me do not move

19. fatguy705

fatguy705 New Member

We've just both been on the same one which was the first of the year. It was only 1 lap of the outside of the pool which unless the pool is up and running at ctc its off site. yeah my group had a group interview and then some people didn't have one. Don't worry about it, you need to go down confident otherwise that place gets to you straight away and you start to doubt yourself, just chat to the other lads and enjoy your time there.

20. PRMD

PRMD New Member

Will do my best, how wide is the pool and was it 1 lap around for max points or for min points just to pass as my breast stroke is crap excuse the language, however my front crawl swimming is pretty good overall I'm a fairly good swimmer but not when it comes to breast stroke typically :/