Anyone from Norfolk?

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to be joining after my A levels (currently in year 11, not long left though!) Just thought I would sign up and get all the info I can prior to joining.

I am set to have all my GCSEs C and above, and I will have 3 A levels when I finish 6th form.

I'm hoping to join as on officer when I do eventually sign up.

I have only been training since Saturday of last week. I've been running 1 mile a day, and various weights etc. My best 1 mile time so far is 5:13, running on the road. PB in sit ups is 73 in 2 mins and press ups is 55 in 2 mins.

I'm hoping to get my 1 mile time below 5 mins before, after 2 weeks, I move the distance up to 1.5 miles.

Just wanting to say, Hey to you all, and I hope I get as for as some of you guys have.

Ross.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey and welcome to the site.

Your run time is pretty good, my fastest 1 miler is 5.13 too!

Don't forget your rest days, rest twice a week, this allows for your muscles to repair and it will increase your strength and prevent injury =D

I'm from Norfolk too *text deleted* =D Around the Cromer area.

Ash

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate,

I was thinking of only taking 1 rest day, may have to reconsider?

I'm from King's Lynn, so quite a way from Cromer, are there many more around this area?

Ross.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure really. The Cpl from Norwich AFCO suggested I only trained 4 days a week and on the RM website it suggests training 5 days a week.

Everyone is different where it comes to recovery but it's usually 24-36 hours. It also helps to eat a high carb meal within 30 minutes after your exercise as this speeds up recovery and also increases the speed at which you get stronger.

(When I get in from my early morning run I eat a 'large' bowl of porridge with a chopped up banana in it and usually a 'large' bowl of pasta/rice/noodles with veg after my mid afternoon workout).

It's more science than anything but it's really upto your body and what it's telling you and only you can find out =)

On the other hand, I'm not sure where everyone else is from =P

Ash

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Fair enough pal,

As for running etc, I do all of my exercise in the evening before dinner.