Anyone join straight out of Uni?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by throwaway2020, Mar 20, 2017.

1. throwaway2020

throwaway2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm only 16 at the minute and in year 11 but I'm hoping to eventually join the marines after I've finished Uni. Was just wondering if there were many people planning on joining straight out of Uni? Or for those who have completed RT were there many there who had just been uni? I'm only 16 at the minute so got plenty of time to train and even change my mind. Whilst I'm here might as well ask, whats the average time from first submitting your application to beginning rt? Assuming you apply at the optimum time.

2. Beans and Chips pls

Beans and Chips pls Royal Marines Commando

I did and there were a few people with degrees.

3. throwaway2020

throwaway2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Did you train whilst in uni?

4. Beans and Chips pls

Beans and Chips pls Royal Marines Commando

Ye gym and cardio and before prmc arnies plan, though I edited a bit to suit myself.

5. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Good lad for having the drive to know what you want! Couple of things I'd probably add - if you go off to uni then you're realistically 5 years off starting RT so ease yourself into phys! You've got so much time to properly prepare, so don't throw yourself at 2-3 sessions a day every day of the week like a whirling dervish, let your body adapt to bodyweight training, circuits and running and then build from there! I started training for the royals during uni so it's very much possible, just a few more distractions (beer and chasing skirt) - knew I wasn't fit enough for the 2016 batch and didn't want to rush applying, so left applying until the summer of '16 just before I graduated. Hope this helps mate!

• Like Like x 1