Anyone joining RMR London

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by FeelingHopeful, Jul 11, 2018.

1. FeelingHopeful

FeelingHopeful New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Can remove/move if it is.

Afternoon all,

Finally cleared fit after a slog with capita and awaiting the next step in the process now. Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is currently in the process of joining RMR London, Wandsworth specifically. Be good to get to know a few like minded people ahead of what’s to come!

FeelingHopeful

2. posh_punter

posh_punter Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Current RMR London here. Well done on getting past Capita. Think of it as the 5th commando test.

3. FeelingHopeful

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Definitely felt that way! Just glad to have it out the way now so I can crack on with the real stuff.

Got any advice for what to expect in the next few weeks? AFCO will be calling RMR Monday to get things moving I believe.

Can’t wait to get stuck in!

FeelingHopeful

4. posh_punter

posh_punter Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Holding troop for the next intake normally starts around November, so the challenge will be keeping yourself motivated. Which det will be you going to?

Try and starting going to holding troop as soon as possible, so you can get to know the other blokes. It'll also help with your phys. If you get the opportunity to do a PRMC earlier in the year, definitely go for it. It'll make your life much easier and you'll start getting paid for going to holding troop.

5. FeelingHopeful

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Good to know mate. Was hoping to get in for this years intake when I applied all those months ago but I think I’m going to just miss the cut off. So probably looking at a four month wait until HT starts again. More time to keep improving the phys though. Can’t be a bad thing.

Going for the main det. in Wandsworth London. Keen to get along to holding troop ASAP.

When does the first PRMC normally come around?

6. posh_punter

posh_punter Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I think there's a PRMC either next weekend or the weekend after, which will be the last chance to join this intake. If you're feeling confident you might be able to persuade them to let you head down. They always want as many blokes in a troop as possible, so it's worth asking.

In our troop there was a PRMC in January and March with RMR Bristol that a load of us went on. Then the official RMR London one was in July.

7. FeelingHopeful

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Cool cool. I’ll endeavour to push the AFCO along a bit if it’s next weekend. Maybe I’ll get lucky!

Cheers for all the info mate!