anyone know about the three miler route?

t00old4this

Reaction score
Hey, was just wondering what the 3 mile prmc test is like - Up and down hill? Mixture of surfaces like grass, road and gravel? do you get any time between the first 1.5 miles and the last 1.5 miles? is it run with boots and dpm, or your own training gear? any accurate help would be much appreciated.

M

MTW

own training gear. you have about a min break after the first 1.5, then best effort run is half on a tiny country lane type thing with a few potholes and stuff, and is mostly slightly uphill.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
What he said, just dont run on the grass on the edge there are random ditches. :bud:

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
do you get much time between eating and the 3 miler?

M

MTW

yea quite a while, couple of hours at least if i remeber, i had a full english...which was risky i planned on eating porridige but as i was gungry and im a fatty, i couldnt resist *text deleted* but it was fine, didnt feel bloated or anything on the 3 miler so just eat what you want.

also remeber throught the whole prmc drink loads of water, you will have a water bottle on you at all times, so just drink sips every couple of mins throughout the day.

himself

Reaction score
we did the 3 miler in combats and the free prmc course t-shirt you'll be given, and its in runners.... the main piece of advice i can give on this it to be towards the front at the start of the best effort stage. the first 1.5 mile is easy enough running as a block but then there's a minute to stop and take a piss ect before its best effort - the time dosnt start until the last man has passed the start line but i found the first 300-400 mtrs or so were spent trying to fight through the pack in front of me, i also found my self falling into a rhythm with those around me - you really have to push on hard - target the runner ahead and just try passing them out one by one..... i passed the PRMC but the 3 miler was a good 15/20 seconds slower than my personal best had been - i put those seconds down to the problems above and when every second could possibly count these tips could be the difference between pass and fail

M

MTW

oh yea sorry thats true, you do wear combats and prmc t shirt, but with your own trainers, and the trousers are light as *text deleted* so i wouldnt worry bout that *text deleted*. but my advice would be chill at the start where everyone is on a tiny road and all bunched up, and dont keep sprinting and running to get past people and just chill out till you get on the open road then you can up the pace and start overtaking. thats what i wish i had done anyway.

M

MTW

oh and the bit up to the bit jutting out to the right is all on the smallest sh*tyest road in the world with the killer ditch that eats people...and minibusses

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'll second the drinking water reccomendation, even though some of the flasks taste like crap(the water is muddy inside some of them *text deleted* wtf) and you're sharing em about(you may well get a sore throat/cold) drink as much as you can when given the chance, I was quite conserving with it but wish I'd drunk more at certain times cause it let down my performance. So drink a little more than you need cause you may well not get another chance when you think you will do.

About the 3 miler on the way back, *text deleted*, you should aim to get past everyone ASAP(if you're at the back), there's no reason to wait around. I started near the back but just thought F it, and went all out and came 12th. Or try and squeeze up to the front if you can.

New Threads