Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Anyone recently been on poc?

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by chronic, Mar 21, 2019.

1. chronic

chronic New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi everyone,

Few questions for those who have been on POC.

What type of essay questions were you given?

What topics did you discuss on the discussion phase?

Those who failed POC not through fitness what kind of feedback did you get?

Not interested in answers that don't provide me with any information in relation to what I asked

Thanks,

Chronic

• Disagree. Disagree. x 1
  2. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

You're not likely to get anyone answering your questions with that attitude!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  3. chronic

chronic New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi mumtoRM,

It may appear that way but time and time again I see people replying with vague or irrelevant answers.

Is this site not for sharing information and giving clarity on certain queries?

Thanks,

Chronic

4. Moonduster

Moonduster Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I'm afraid all I think when I read your posts is, I hope that *text deleted*er doesn't get a commission as I wouldn't want a *text deleted* like that leading my lad into battle.

• Like x 4
    • Hoofin x 3
    • Nailed It x 3
    • Disagree. x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Gucci Info x 1
  5. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Indeed it is.

It welcomes input from all members and expects members to be treated with respect and courtesy.

Maybe I am 'Old School' but your comment came across to me as rather rude and arrogant.

Also, I'm sure a search of the site would probably have yielded the answers you are looking for as no doubt these questions have been asked previously.

Regards.

MumtoRM

• Nailed It Nailed It x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  6. chronic

chronic New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi everyone,

Fascinating how you feel I'm being rude or arrogant when I'm simply trying to find out information which could help or assist myself and others who wish to prepare diligently for what is an extremely demanding course.

I don't feel I've been rude or abusive and apologise that was not my intention.

I would say comments like this are rude, abusive and probably deter others from asking questions on this site.

The question is there for people to answer if they so choose and I really don't see any use in getting into argument with people.

My intention is not to cause offence it is simply to find out what others have been through in an attempt to help myself and others.

Thanks,

Chronic

7. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Can I politely suggest that you use the search function.

This subject gets brought up each year. Unfortunately the only people who can accurately give you an answer are those that passed POC, AIB and FSB and are now undergoing YO training and they are not allowed to use social media.

So the only answers you're going to get are from candidates of previous years, some who ultimately passed and others who failed.

Alan

• Like Like x 3
  8. chronic

chronic New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi Caversham,

Thank your for your response,

I have indeed been searching on other threads and forums.

Of course the topics will change every so often so I felt it would be beneficial for others who are are about to undertake POC to discuss it with others have been through the process recently.

Regards,

Chronic

9. Kalashnikov30

Kalashnikov30 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    The people who have been on POC recently are the ones who are competing with you for one of a limited number of places on this year’s batch. They wouldn’t have known the exact content of the essay questions or discussion topics so why would they want to give you that advantage?

A quick search on this forum and YouTube would show you the topics are usually centred around current affairs, international relations and military news. Stop looking for the specific how-to guide to pass POC because there isn’t one. The time you’ve spent posting multiple iterations of the same questions would have been better spent just watching the news or reading the globe and laurel.

• Like Like x 5
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  10. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Ex Pongo

0FC04D20-8E93-41C2-A8B7-EE74CB1D1427.jpeg
    It’s amazing how much you can tell about a person by their manner and conduct over text.

As it stands I genuinely wouldn’t worry about asking any questions on here. As based on your very obvious attitude problem & lack of social skills I would suspect that this isn’t the career for you. At least not yet. This isn’t me just aimlessly trolling you there really is an intention behind this.

You see, people CAN change. Even those who are stuck in that gobby teenage mentality of taking the whole world on and snapping at anyone who dares to “disrespect”.

It’s human nature to be irritable sometimes, and we’re all guilty of it. Saying that I’d suggest starting a thread with an arsey comment then arguing back with moderators isn’t irritability it’s immaturity. Not a trait I’d appreciate in any of my former officers. All that is required is a little thought from you before you hit send. No body is out to get you. Chill.

A bit of self reflection on your communication style may be appropriate. The humour displayed by those who have or are serving may be something you are not used to and it would probably be a good idea to adjust to it.

This forum is packed full with both serving and former Royal Marine Commandos, Royal Navy & British Army personnel. I personally have deployed to the pointest end of Helmand. This isn’t a brag, it is to demonstrate that there are people on here that have achieved what you want to achieve. So when folk like this take time out to engage with you don’t dismiss it.

Oh and as a former medic I recommend you take two of the above pills.

In all seriousness though, take it down a notch and let some things roll off your back. Life’s too short.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  11. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

And that is the very point that I'm trying to make with you. The ones who were successful are in YO training now, but are not allowed to use social media and therefore cannot pass on to others their wisdom. The ones who were not successful, or are in the same boat as yourself, are left to look at previous posts/forums etc and form their own opinions on specific subjects and hope that is what the Corps is looking for.

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  12. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Ex Pongo

I’d hazard a guess and say the POC seeks to assess a similar criteria to other professional roles.

Regardless of getting a heads up on specifics just remember the most important element. That being of course to be yourself, regardless of what you're asked. But maybe not that version of your self we discussed above.

Trying to give answers you think the board wants to hear instead of what you truly think or who you really are will only end in more tears.
    I would reccommend keeping up on current affairs and having a good idea of what is happening in the world. Also practice discussing moral & ethical issues. No dramas for a young politically involved chap.

Hopefully you get a more specific answer.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The Nutwell offers a banging Roast Dinner.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. 777-200

777-200 New Member

Wow. A steep learning curve awaits.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I think it depends on the physical development of the lad concerned. I have seen boys who are 6 foot, 200 lb monsters and others who are still not shaving and would get blown over by a stiff breeze. Having not met your lad, all I would say is that trg now is much more progressive than it was when you (and I) joined. Maybe send him on a look at life course before he commits to PRMC and let him make up his own mind. My own lad was very young when he joined and I must admit to having some reservations but he got through OK.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Stupid computer, posted on wrong thread -banghead-

• Hoofin Hoofin x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

PICNIC!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  18. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Ex Pongo

Yeah..... “the computer”

• Like Like x 2
  19. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Way too much barracking from the cheap seats!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    WE ARE PROFESSIONALS. WE ALWAYS KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE DOING AND WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

:D:D:D