Anyone see the para on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just channel flicking and came across a programme on bouncers, was this on there that tried to use his military ID as proof of age and the bouncers wouldnt let him in.
Started going proper mental "Im in the *text deleted**text deleted*ing parachute regiment, Im a *text deleted**text deleted*ing para you should be letting me the *text deleted**text deleted* in"
And all this crap, respect to the guy for going through training, but you know...
I hope/feel that this is part of what places the RM apart from the paras, a sense of humility, if thats the right word, or modesty. All part of the RM ethos.
Bit of a random post, but just wondered what you lads thought of it?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
probably more to do with a bad egg or too much beer mate, than *text deleted* he was a para.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah definately. it's why even if i failed RT i wouldn't go for paras, carcking reg but doesn't appeal to me

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
He is not supposed to use his military ID as proof of age/ID anyway.

I do see your point, I wouldn't like to see a Royal Marine acting in that way and to be honest I dont think you would these days.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the army is full of d*ck heads to be honest, i no alot of people in there, and when you come out the army you become the most boring person ever, well it all depends on what your like even though if i fail my prmc i want to go in the paras i no i wont be a boring d*ick head and think im hard as nails because im a para i would just be my self and if anyone would like to ask me about the regiment i would answer them.

But to be honest i dont think people in the forces get enough respect as they should get

Admin Edit:

1. Your assumption that 100,000 soldiers are the same is an unqualified and inflammatory assumption.

2. Your Final sentence contradicts your first.

3. The purpose of this forum is to help & advise - Take a chill pill before posting.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If he blew things out of proportion over being denied entry I would imagine he could have blown up over something insignificant inside the club just as easy.

Have a few Para's that live in my area and they are all cracking good lads (do slag me about going marine though but all in good fun) and yeah they admit there are some Para's that do go around causing a fight but then again Marines are not all tea and biscuits, by admission of some of the Ex and currently serving Marines on this board there are the few Marines that go out and end up starting a fight where ever they go.

A few Marines i have spoken too have said at times they dont let people know that they are Marines just to avoid the Local Hardmen wanting to have a go and ruining their night of fun.

MI64

Reaction score
the army is full of d*ck heads to be honest, i no alot of people in there, and when you come out the army you become the most boring person ever, well it all depends on what your like even though if i fail my prmc i want to go in the paras i no i wont be a boring d*ick head and think im hard as nails because im a para i would just be my self and if anyone would like to ask me about the regiment i would answer them.

But to be honest i dont think people in the forces get enough respect as they should get

Mate Im new on here and dont mean to cause any offence but your first line seems a little strong
I have been in the Army 15 years and have never been in/or caused a fight.
Have worked with both Booties and Paras and there are some bad eggs in both, Please dont tar everyone with the same brush

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone I know in the army are cracking lads and great fun to be with.. I can't see how you made that generalisation :albert:

O well, probably was just a bad egg, *text deleted* it should be a valid ID.. but oh well, *text deleted**text deleted* happens!

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My mate told me about this haha, was he a scruffy looking lad?

smallzy

Reaction score
*text deleted**text deleted* if I got the Green Beret i'd expect to be treated like Royalty. Bouncer seems like a *text deleted**text deleted*head. Not that i'd boast about it but no one in the military gets much respect today.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the army is full of d*ck heads to be honest, i no alot of people in there, and when you come out the army you become the most boring person ever....i want to go in the paras i no i wont be a boring d*ick head and think im hard as nails because im a para i would just be my self and if anyone would like to ask me about the regiment i would answer them.
*text deleted* there is a reason the paras are called elite you know? and what about army regiments like 1 rifles? who currently serve with 3cdo,or scots guards, REME, RLC? to make such a sweeping statement even if you do know a few lads in the army smacks of ignorance. i've got a mate who served 5 years with the fusiliers and he's in RLC now, i've met some of his squaddies and they were all top lads.
you get d*ckheads everywhere in every walk of life.

ChrisL

Reaction score
*text deleted* there is a reason the paras are called elite you know? and what about army regiments like 1 rifles? who currently serve with 3cdo,or scots guards, REME, RLC? to make such a sweeping statement even if you do know a few lads in the army smacks of ignorance. i've got a mate who served 5 years with the fusiliers and he's in RLC now, i've met some of his squaddies and they were all top lads.
you get d*ckheads everywhere in every walk of life.

Well said...i remember when i got pissed off when the manager of a club wunt lets us in *text deleted* my mate only had a provisional on him as ID i kicked off big time soooo i dont really blame the para if he's after a gud night out

S

Sotiris

What society, institute, army, country, school, household, playground doesn't have it's own collection of *text deleted**text deleted*heads? If you can find a walk of life that doesn't have a *text deleted**text deleted* in it I'll give you all my lifes belongings and serve you hand and foot.

In my opinion I think it's crap how they wouldn't let him in. Lad serves his country, they should be inviting him in...unless he was a *text deleted**text deleted** hehe. But even then, respect to him.

rick

Reaction score
that lad needs too grow up. he's one of these who thinks the world owe's him something just because he's done a little service.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
that lad needs too grow up. he's one of these who thinks the world owe's him something just because he's done a little service.

You what?
"little service" right ok, what have you done thats greater than him so that you can belittle his contribution?

S

Sotiris

To whom else does our society owe anything? You're about to piss a lot of people off on your 3rd post.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What society, institute, army, country, school, household, playground doesn't have it's own collection of *text deleted**text deleted*heads? If you can find a walk of life that doesn't have a *text deleted**text deleted* in it I'll give you all my lifes belongings and serve you hand and foot.

In my opinion I think it's crap how they wouldn't let him in. Lad serves his country, they should be inviting him in...unless he was a *text deleted**text deleted** hehe. But even then, respect to him.

Would you risk your life for this country you little muppet ? thought not, think before you say things, people on here have friends who have died over there including myself. Watch what you say in future.

S

Sotiris

What the hell are you talking about? Did you quote the wrong post? All I was saying is that you're not going to escape the fact that there are assholes everywhere and making remarks like "the army is full of d*cks" is stupid. It makes it seem as though all soldiers in the army are assholes.

Sorry if I don't write as literally as you can comprehend.

As for risking my life, I'm pretty sure the Marines will give me ample opportunity.

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Those of you who insult the British Army with your bull dont deserve to even get into training. Your naive, you get all types of people everywhere, the Marines are special...but there not that special. You cant just turn your nose up at somebody for not being in the Marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads