Anyone signing up in Nottingham?

DRichardson

Reaction score
Hey guys i handed my application in yesterday and they phoned me this morning to ive me a date for my appitude test(26/08/08).

Just wonderign if anyone else in Nottingham is going through the selection.

Dave

lawton86

Reaction score
notts!

yeah mate i went into the afco yesterday to get an application, where in notts ya from?

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aup mate, yeah ive done all test apart from interview so far.

S

Sotiris

My girlfriend's in Nottingham so I'm down there quite often.

Good luck with the test mate.

They called you back?? Haha the buggers never called me back!!

DRichardson

Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah they called me literally the morning after i handed the application in.

I pretty much live in the city centre (castle marina).

I need to get to the gym and test myself on the treadmill as ive only been running outside.

Hows peoples training going?

DRichardson

Reaction score
Just passed medical, eye and psychometric tests. All inn the last week. Got my interview booked for the 18th September. Cant wait!

lawton86

Reaction score
notts

i did my test same day as u! i was on front row in blue t shirt!

DRichardson

Reaction score
Ah nice one mate. I was on the back row. I had a black test hirt and vest on. How did you do? Have you got any more dates?

lawton86

Reaction score
notts

yeah just done eye test just *text deleted* book medical now. was u the dude i was speakin too n ya said ya run 4 miles to ya girlfriends every day?

DRichardson

Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah that would be me. You should wear some interesting boxers for medical cause you get down to the bear min.

Have you started any training?

lawton86

Reaction score
notts

can ya remember speakin to me then? no not yet, doin some runnin n gymin it but need to know if i can pass the medical with hayfever before i devote myself. dont *text deleted* be too disapointed! il start when im in the position too. hows your trainin then?

DRichardson

Reaction score
Yeah i remember talking to you. The medical is prety straight forward. Mainly asking questions and they tick the boxes. Hopefully everything will ok.

Traingin is going ok. Ive had the last week off from running. Mainly just doin circuit traning to boost my upper body. The 2 min press ups are the killer.

Ps when you go for your medical take a mag or newspaper cause your sat around waiting for ages.

Good luck dude.

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i sat in that *text deleted**text deleted*hole for 2:30 hours, watching this freaky guy pick his face.

danny

Reaction score
alright lads im from nottinigham good to here about people from notts joining the core glad to here the trianing is going well i passed all the afco test and was booked to do my acquaint day but 2 weeks before i broke my arm proper wounder so ive got to retake my medical and pjft and all the afco tests agen GUTTERD! haha were u lads from im from Aspley??

DRichardson

Reaction score
Guttered Danny!

Least your still determind to get through it! Good on you man. I live just outside the city centre at castle marina.

Have you started doin your tests again?

danny

Reaction score
alright richardson no not yet im going to see them this wednesdau to see what they have to say and hopefully i can take my tests as soon as *text deleted* good luck with the interview bit of advice its not tht hard u *text deleted* jus be urself and have a bit of knowledge about u but if u want it enough u will pass