Anyways to Strengthen application

Charlie S

Reaction score
Im looking for entry as an officer in sep 2009 because i have heard that is the only intake each year, i am an intelligent lad e.g. im part of NAGTY (National Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth) but have flunked my a-levels (im am now only predicted CCD, when i should achieve A's) my GCSE's are acceptable.

Was wondering if there is anyway to strengthen my application to be an ideal candidate for the marines? im also just about to start my Duke Of Edinburgh Award. Like would it be too late to join marine cadets or something?

Would the marines rather take a candidate who has played rugby all his life and is at county level or something?

Oh im also restarting rugby in a few weeks, im big enough for it so may aswell

Help would be very much appreciated

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
1. My friend was in the cadets and when he joined the Marines they treated him ten times worse because they think you're a know it all so don't bother with the noob brigade.

2. Don't get too big unless you can handle running with it.

3. What is the point in throwing a mis-shaped ball backwards whilst running forwards when your aim is to get it across a line which is a considerable distance infront of you. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows the best way is to throw it forward!

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Rugby players are lush ass *text deleted**text deleted*ing pyschos that will slip a finger up your bum, so they have to make things harder *text deleted* they are nutters basically.
So they throw the ball backwards.
Hope that answers your question.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Slip a finger up your bum because they have gay sexual tendancies.. That's what gets you kicked out the forces and I don't mean discharged I mean physically.

Also, their's nothing harder and nuttier than a squadie, no matter how much rugby players pad themselves out they'll never be as big as they think.

Leedham

Reaction score
Slip a finger up your bum because they have gay sexual tendancies.. That's what gets you kicked out the forces and I don't mean discharged I mean physically.

Also, their's nothing harder and nuttier than a squadie, no matter how much rugby players pad themselves out they'll never be as big as they think.

Tell that to one of the Tuilagi brothers or Sébastien Chabal :D... see what they say about it! *text deleted*

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Haha have fun in the RM mate, think your *text deleted* be in for a shock with the vast amount of gay play, and full on male nudity and *text deleted**text deleted* in your face 24/7

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nothing wrong with rugby players, im one myself. im in the amew boat, want to join as an officer but want to get something that makes me standout as i don't want to go to uni.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
not joining as an officer but i am considering it if my fitness improves a fair bit by the time i carry on my app process but joining the cadets is ok, i have been in it 4 years and has really helped me app process, i just been told not to tell anyone i was in cadets when i get to RT. but with regards to joining, unless your about 13 14 there is not much point because you wont get much out of it, you may be better of doing DofE awards.

and rugby is a good sport, good for strength and CV.

but charity work is always fairly good, it shows you can be bothered to do something for nothin.

Charlie S

Reaction score
Hijacked thread!!

Cheers for the help anyway guys.

much appreciated

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I can handle being naked and having a laugh (I do it already, been cautioned for public nudity when I ran around Cromer pier naked with 2 mates and a big crowd of fellow youths) wether it be pi$$ing on each other in Norway or a simple naked roll mat fight in the field I don't care, but being gay in the forces used to get you a choice leave or get kicked the *text deleted**text deleted* out of.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
What do you think your actual grades are going to be? Predicted grades are bollocks.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Rugby is a class sport, provided its rugby league. But in all fairness, it helps alot in cv and strength. Don't worry about muscle mass mate, its not needed.