Aplication Form

rmc_86

Reaction score
Hello guys, has anyone ever been sent an application form by there AFCO? I tried to phone mine and there was no answer, so I just thought I would send them an email but has anyone else done this before as they still haven't got back to me yet?

Thanks

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i got mine given to me when i went there. Have you said that you want to apply?

rmc_86

Reaction score
i got mine given to me when i went there. Have you said that you want to apply?

Yeah mate, I had a presentation a few months back but decided against the application form at the time due to my fitness:(

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You will need to get someone from the AFCO on the phone to inform them that you want a application form, are you calling the Glasgow central office by any chance?

rmc_86

Reaction score
You will need to get someone from the AFCO on the phone to inform them that you want a application form, are you calling the Glasgow central office by any chance?
Alright mate, yeah it was the Glasgow office on Queen Street. It was just to save me the 40 mile round trip for an application form. I'll try them again tomorrow:P.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alright mate, yeah it was the Glasgow office on Queen Street. It was just to save me the 40 mile round trip for an application form. I'll try them again tomorrow:P.
Blimey! I didnt realise you lived so far from your AFCO, i'm sure they can send you a form, but i would recommend going in a picking it up because the officer will briefly go through it with you and also give you extra information/booklets and DVD'S etc (well thats what happened when i received my form) Its a lot easier when you talk to someone face to face than speaking on the phone. They would also prefer it if you turned up, but i am sure they would understand if you could'nt make it due to the distance.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I went to the one in Glasgow on Queen Street.

I didnt send an email i just walked in and spoke to the Navy officer and he gave me an application form.

Just do that.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
There is usually always someone at the street level AFCO on queen street, the RAF usually answer the phone if a naval rating is not there so odd they ain't answering.

Just to make sure you got the right number its 0141 224 5710 for the street level AFCO and if you don't get an answer there call 0141 224 5702 for the upstairs area and you will usually get ahold of either chief petty officer John Dumbreck or Chief petty office Allan Woodridge both are very friendly and helpful. On the odd occasion you might get an army warrant officer (cant remember his name) that will give you a bit of banter about joining the marines but he is funny as hell and will relay your info to the Naval team.

Best of luck with it!
Chris

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hello guys, has anyone ever been sent an application form by there AFCO? I tried to phone mine and there was no answer, so I just thought I would send them an email but has anyone else done this before as they still haven't got back to me yet?

Thanks
PM me an address if you can't get through, I'll post you the application forms tomorrow to save the journey in case there are people off on holiday or off through sickness (or both). You needn't give me a name, just an address.

If you can't get hold of anyone on the phone beforehand I'd advise you not to make a 40 mile round-trip just in-case.