Apparenly medically unfit

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just rang my AFCO *text deleted* i passed my PJFT 2 weeks ago n not heard anythin and apparently i shouldnt of took that test *text deleted* im medically unfit *text deleted* i had asthma when i was 3years old, they told me to go check with my doctor so im about to storm the place now :mad::mad::mad:

i thought i woulda been alright *text deleted* it was 16years ago!!

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
They should have done a test to clear you which the doctor should have signed?

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the doctor at the medical said it wernt a problem ... jst come bk from my doctors n they are sendin me somethin out this week to let me know

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just rang my AFCO *text deleted* i passed my PJFT 2 weeks ago n not heard anythin and apparently i shouldnt of took that test *text deleted* im medically unfit *text deleted* i had asthma when i was 3years old, they told me to go check with my doctor so im about to storm the place now :mad::mad::mad:

they should not have failed you because you had asthma!*text deleted* had asthma just about everyone has at one point! you have to have been completely cleared of asthma for 4 years before you can join so if you havent had asthma for 16 years i would seriously think about appealing! ass its a well known rule for the armed forces to have been cleared of asthma for at least 4 years!

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so do you think il stil have a chance of *text deleted* in?

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so do you think il stil have a chance of *text deleted* in?

of course you do! but for now i would do your research on medicals in the armed forces to see exactly the limits of getting in, then i would bring it up with your AFCO and tell them they are being stupid!

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As long as your clear for 4 years, should be fine.. I think its a bit more than that you been clear... just a *text deleted**text deleted*up probably.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The rules on asthma are very straightforward.

If you have ANY previous history of asthma, your Medical Examiner may well write to your GP, enclosing an asthma questionnaire to clarify your current status.

Until your GP replies to the letter & the medical examiner is content to sign you off as fit, you are technically Temoporarily Medically Unfit (TMU).

There's little point appealing against being made TMU - just tell your GP to pull his/her finger out and reply to the letter.

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

I had to do a peak flow test for 4 weeks and the AFCO wrote to my GP before they passed me, everything went ok though. I know another guy on here failed because of childhood Asthma its weird. Also i was 12 years old when i was diagnosed with Asthma, not 3.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I had asthma when i was younger, but i got a letter that cost £15(bollocks!) from my GP to show the doctor at my medical and it through fine (Y)

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had to do a peak flow test then go all the way down to Portsmouth to do a lung function test, luckily i passed. So i hope the same goes for you, they've got something wrong somewhere going by what you've said.

Good Luck

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had to do a peak flow test then go all the way down to Portsmouth to do a lung function test, luckily i passed. So i hope the same goes for you, they've got something wrong somewhere going by what you've said.

Good Luck

thanks *text deleted*, did u have asthma aswell? if so, what age?

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Erm no...i had a inhaler when i was a kid for a chest infection, but when i did my medical i said it was for asthma when i was young. I used it twice...i rang my mum and told her about being TMU after the medical and she said i never had asthma (GUTTED!) i rang the AFCO but no use, had to go through with the process and could'nt backtrack.

Just one of a few setbacks ive had to go through. :cry:

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Hey up mate, your name Dave?? A mate of mine has a mate thats joining and is going through the exact same thing. Just curious as to weather its you or not haha.