Application Date and Fitness

Discussion in 'RM Officer questions' started by ironandgrit, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hi all,

Just a quick one. I am set on becoming a YO in the 2017 batch and was pretty set on applying at the end of March/start of April. Is this too early on to be applying, or is the timescale pretty lengthy for getting each part of the process out of the way? I'm grafting very hard on my fitness at the moment to be 100% mentally and physically before I grab this by the balls, but if for whatever reason they don't feel I'm officer material, I'm not set on what to do. For me it's the lifestyle and pushing myself as far as I can go, and I would love to shoulder the responsibility of leading 30 blokes at a young age having tackled the hardest training about, but it would knock me for 6 not passing POC/AIB for whatever reason. What is your advice?

Thanks guys and keep the info coming!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Go for it as soon as you are ready but remember most selection elements, apart from the recruit test (3yrs) need to have been completed or retaken within 12 months of your entry date.

Good luck.

3. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks! I want to go into it and smash it rather than know I'm not quite up to scratch, I don't see the point in that