Application Feedback Request -Poll

Where are you in the selection process?

• Not yet applied, but intend applying this year (Please state reason for waiting)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Applied, waiting for test or interview

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • Applied, waiting for medical

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • Applied, passed medical but not yet ready for PJFT (injury, illness, fitnesss preps)

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Applied passed medical but not yet ready for PRMC (injury, illness, fitnesss preps)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Awaiting PRMC

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Passed PRMC awaiting entry

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Currently in recruit training

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Passed recruit training

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • No longer intending to join or not joining this year (please state reason)

Votes: 12 9.4%

• Total voters

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Some will have noticed there has been a significant drop in those attending PRMCs, the the extent two courses have already been cancelled and the candidates merged onto another course.

At present course capacity appears to be less than 50% and this is occuring at a time when the pass rate on PRMC is nearer 70% than the previous 50% average - with the realignment and ongoing review of criteria pass/fail elements. Recruit Troops have not yet been cancelled....but watch this space.

There is a natural tail-off after the initial 'January rush' often, in part, attributed to those making resolutions and those opting out of 6th Form or Uni after their first term didn't go as planned.

We usually see an increase after Easter as people plan ahead, after the break, heading into exams/finals in Year 11, 13 and those graduating and again after the exams in June, increasing toward September after their Summer Hols.

It would therefore be interesting to get a snapshot of those actually 'in the pipeline' as compared to previous years.

FuriousD

Reaction score
Not yet applied, but intend applying this year - I need to lose some weight and get in better shape. Also had a baby last July so the deal with the wife was I would wait 1 year before applying so that I can support her just now.

DBenn01

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Not yet applied, but intend applying this year - or shortly into next year, reason being my bodyweight isnt quite at the minimum standard just yet, very close, but not yet. It allows the opportunity to train properly and be well rounded off by the time i do apply, instead of ending up racing the process and ultimately not being as prepared as i could be.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For anyone who has not yet applied, I'd suggest considering applying right now as there's probably not been a better chance of getting through selection and into training in such a short space of time, for many years (2007 in fact).

TheKernowKid

Reaction score
Applied - waiting for medical. Was TMU'd again last week for a couple red marks that the doctor said were live acne. Rather annoyed, but working on clearing them.

Olly_PT

Reaction score
Not yet applied, but intend applying this year...
Just started passing Mock PJFT's. As soon as I pass them consistently or on command, my application is going in.

Reactions: LRL

Chubb

Reaction score
Not applied yet but intending to apply this year,
Originally wanted to apply as soon as I left college but Got caught up in what seemed like the perfect job (other than the RM obviously) and lost sight of the beret for a while, but now I've realised how naive I was in the job that I'm in and it's time to follow the childhood dream, just need to polish the fitness first

alfie1234

Reaction score
Not yet applied, but intend applying this year...
Just started passing Mock PJFT's. As soon as I pass them consistently or on command, my application is going in.

If I was you I would get your application is as soon as mate if you can pass a mock once you can pass it again, your PJFT wouldn't be for at least another 2 months from applying anyway. I waited till I could pass Mocks consistently and regret not applying 2 months earlier.

Olly_PT

Reaction score
If I was you I would get your application is as soon as mate if you can pass a mock once you can pass it again, your PJFT wouldn't be for at least another 2 months from applying anyway. I waited till I could pass Mocks consistently and regret not applying 2 months earlier.

Yeah, good point. I can't deny I've got the "itch" to get it in also. I'm doing a mock this afternoon and if a pass it I'm think I may have to pull the trigger on it.

alfie1234

Reaction score
Yeah, good point. I can't deny I've got the "itch" to get it in also. I'm doing a mock this afternoon and if a pass it I'm think I may have to pull the trigger on it.

I understand where you're coming from, I was the same, I wanted to know I was 100% ready for PJFT before I applied but remember you have 4 steps to get through before you even get anywhere near the treadmill, I got PMU'd for a couple months and if I hadn't of waited I would have been 2 months further into my application right now which is annoying.

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Not joining this year, still have another 1year 10months untill I can reapply. I'll be a phys monster by then..

Canzmanz

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Not joining this year, still have another 1year 10months untill I can reapply. I'll be a phys monster by then..
Thought you was joining the paras mate?

Fibonarchie

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Not applied or planning to this year- year and 3 months till i can anyway and will likely do A-Levels.

woodsy93

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how long they waited to hear about booking the PJFT after passing the face to face medical? I passed a week today and have not heard anything from my CA just yet.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how long they waited to hear about booking the PJFT after passing the face to face medical? I passed a week today and have not heard anything from my CA just yet.
Just give 'em a call to ask if they would be prepared to email you the letter. Some will, some won't but no harm asking.

One thing this poll certainly shows is where the hold-ups are...no surprises - medical.

TheKernowKid

Reaction score
Just give 'em a call to ask if they would be prepared to email you the letter. Some will, some won't but no harm asking.

One thing this poll certainly shows is where the hold-ups are...no surprises - medical.

Yeah that's definitely not surprising, I've been held up with very minor acne for 13 months now. And know of a few people who are still waiting for triage calls after over a month of waiting. Capita aren't making it easy for anyone. -banghead-