Application Liverpool

jasejase

Reaction score
Hey.
Anyone out there goin through their application process at the Liverpool AFCO, or anyone already been through it all recently?Hoping someone could help me, because I got a letter today saying Ive got a phychometric test on the 14th of October but on the letter it tells me to bring passport, certificates, NI card etc. but I only thought you had to bring these to the interview?

any advice would be great guys
Jase

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
best to do them asap don't you think?

If it says on your letter to take them to the test, then you take them to the test. They check your paperwork before you do it, and nobody sits the test until all have had their documents varified.

jasejase

Reaction score
I understand that Il have to take them because it tells me to, but I was just wondering if my interview will be the same day aswel

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
No, it will be booked for you upon passing the test, very unlikely it will be same day, as you will be required to have a period of prepatation for it.

jasejase

Reaction score
precisely the answer I was looking for :smile1:

cheers skippy

jasejase

Reaction score
Oh ye, one more question, the test isnt formal is it?

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no mate its not formal, but dont go in trackies either, just jeans and a t-shirt. might see you up there *text deleted*'e got a med on same day 12:15. Good luck mate.

christomo

Reaction score
you will get a set date for the interview mate which will need you suited and booted

i had me medical up at liverpool on monday, went at 10.30 and didnt get out till about 2, takes ages

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
.... went at 10.30 and didnt get out till about 2, takes ages

Unfortunately, depending on how busy your AFCO is, it's not unusual to have to wait a fairly long time. The advice is most definitely take a newspaper or book to alleviate the boredom. The smaller AFCOs, processing correspondingly smaller numbers, do tend to be quicker with regards the medical.

In some AFCOs you are given the pre-medical preliminary checks first, such as height, weight, hearing test and suchlike, then have a break during which you can go out for an hour or so before returning & undergoing the physical assessment with the Medical Examiner (Doctor).

Tomtom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
:bigsmile:Alright, Jase just to say i have my Phsychometric tests on the 14th of October at the Liverpool AFCO aswell, at 8:45 am, so i'll see you there!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Will this injury hinder my application? Jollies Bar 4
W Application documents POC Section 0
W Application timescale ROP Dates - Discuss with others on your course 1