Application on hold

nanaben

Reaction score
Hi lads,
I just wanted to enquire if any overseas applicants has had their application on hold, I got a message from the recruiting team, stating my application is on hold, well I did send a mail to my AFCO but got no response yet. Wanted to know if any of you lads is also facing same issue.

cheers

blinky_blonk

Reaction score
I think I heard that applicants from overseas are on hold cause of covid

Frostwisk

Reaction score
I have only registered my interest and got my account to do my application but i got an email stating the same because the amount of Commonwealth applicants for this year has been reached.

nanaben

Reaction score
@blinky_blonk tanx mate, my AFCO recruiter did reply my mail, stating all overseas applicant are on hold at the moment as there are a lot of applications being processed at this time and due to the COVID as well

nanaben

Reaction score
@Frostwisk *text deleted* mate, there’s over 6000 applications being processed at the moment as my AFCO recruiter said, well am done with some parts of my application, currently waiting for a face to face medical evaluation

Rheebound01

Reaction score
@nanaben Hey mate, fellow commonwealth here (NZ)

How long ago you done your vpjft? Im booking my vpjft soon and wanted to have an idea of when I could plan my trip to the UK for the medical.

nanaben

Reaction score
@Rheebound01 i think vpjft comes after medicals if am not mistaken(someone could correct me tho). Well I haven’t done mine yet, and with regards to medicals, your AFCO would have to invite you over to the UK before you could do that, as of now mine is on hold,*text deleted*

Gstars

Reaction score
@Rheebound01 i think vpjft comes after medicals if am not mistaken(someone could correct me tho). Well I haven’t done mine yet, and with regards to medicals, your AFCO would have to invite you over to the UK before you could do that, as of now mine is on hold,*text deleted*
I had my vpjft before medical - you can book your medical any time after passing triage medical I believe

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
All overseas applications remain on hold gents.!.

@Frostwisk - No it does not work like that, once covid restrctions are lifted and applications are moving,they are (normally) all moving so you should not get stood over to 2022 if you apply , you application will be processed in normal fashion.

VPJFT can be booked after passong Traige medical - F2F medical can currently be asked for once you have a start date for your ROP (some may not adhere to this, depending on the stage of thier application, as this is quite a new rule).

JoeySquinson8888

Reaction score
Happened to me aswell, the same day they sent me about 15 emails asking for birth certificates and school reports etc.

Rheebound01

Reaction score
Any predictions as to when they might start inviting people over to the Uk again? Passed my VPJFT yesterday and eager to get my interview then medical done but was hoping to know when I could be looking at heading over. (Obviously hard to predict but asking if anyone has any clue what so ever)

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
No indication or direction has been given yet and with the new lockdown don,t expect one anytime soon , until COVID "settles" can not see any change in the current policy to be honest, so a couple of months at least i,m afraid.

Teddy_

Reaction score
@The guide so I'm already in the uk it's been over 2month and I recently applied for mine warfare but in the process of changing to Royal marine commando, I was wondering since I'm already in the UK & was assigned a recruiter does it mean I will be able to do my medical and interview sooner than anyone who isn't In the UK already?

New Threads