Application rejected??

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Havent posted on here in a while.

I’m not sure of the situation or if @Ninja_Stoker can she’d some light on it.

I’ve been working on a site/refinery that doesn’t aloud mobile phones but I did send emails end of April outlining the issue with my application aswell as the direct number to the afco always saying this extension is unavailable and that I would be happy to continue within 4/5 weeks as I would be finishing work that’s ran on longer than expected which I stated in the emails.
I don’t think they received them or haven’t checked as I logged into my online portal and it just states with the information I’ve provided I can’t continue with my application so I expect that means rejected?

I passed my medical/security clearance in October last year so I’m not quite sure what the situation will be i last heared from afco start April but nothing since I sent the emails.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Several things may have happened - the whole of the MOD is switching over to a new(ish) operating system called MODNet (inventive name, huh?). What this means is defence email addresses that used to end in @mod.uk will switch over to @mod.gov.uk Doesn't sound much & you'd think the software engineers would've put diverts on the original email addresses, but no, much too obvious. It's caused mayhem & continues to do so.

Also, the recruiting software switch (the Defence Recruiting System or DRS) continues to be the root cause of many communications glitches.

It's appreciated it's frustrating for all concerned and it has caused much unnecessary friction and hissy fits in many areas unfortunately.

If you conduct a search on the afco link in my signature block (when viewed in "desktop" rather than on mobile), your current AFCO email address and contact number should help you re-establish comms. Scroll down the page to the searchy bit (screenshot below).

IMG_20180617_123357.png

AFCOs will usually leave messages on mobiles, send texts, emails or if all else fails, send a "no contact" letter but if they are mad busy and get no response for a week or two, they'll usually withdraw an application pending further contact from the individual, it's the standard "default setting" on an unresponsive application.

Best bet though - try to pop in to your AFCO in person as Face to Face comms trumps all others.

Let us know how you get on.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thankyou for the quick and detailed response appreciate it.

I’ll try find the up to date details now through that link you provided.

What is the situation if they have withdrawn my application? Will I have to re do everything again and re apply?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Thankyou for the quick and detailed response appreciate it.

I’ll try find the up to date details now through that link you provided.

What is the situation if they have withdrawn my application? Will I have to re do everything again and re apply?
With the "new" DRS system, even if your previous application cannot be re-activated by your AFCO, the system stores your details so you should be able to apply again without the chore of re-entering all your details.

The only selection elements that need to be retaken are those that have time-expired.

Latest posts

New Threads