Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Application Submission Timeframe!

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Rufio, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Rufio

Rufio New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hi everyone,

I submitted my application to join the RM 7 days ago! (Que celebratory trumpet music :D )

Was wondering how long everyone has waited for the Careers Office to get in touch with a date for the NSRT? I'm talking date of application submission to first contact.

As you can probably tell I'm super eager to get the ball rolling on things; done tones of research had a fair amount of time to think about whether I really want this, et cetera et cetera.

I read a few things from lads on here saying that they've had to wait months at a time for their PJFT.

Been training for months already *text deleted*. Got all my times and exercises down for both PJFT and PRMC!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Assuming you are in UK and registered your interest online, you will have received an email link to complete & submit the full application, usually within 48-72 hours (check junk/spam, if not received - call 03456 07 55 55 to see why there's a delay).

A further 48-72 hours later, you should get a call from your nearest AFCO to check eligibility & readiness to start selection. They should call you by mobile or a landline that indicates the number but some AFCOs are STILL getting it wrong and calling applicants via a withheld landline number (which mobile users often ignore).

If there are no missed calls, texts or messages on your mobile, call the 03456 number first to check the application has been "handed off" to your local AFCO. If it has, call your AFCO to enquire.

Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  3. Rufio

Rufio New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Just called up the 03456 number and was told my application has reached the AFCO and it's all a waiting game.

Usually, it takes a 2 - 3 weeks for them to get back to you with something. The lady was kind enough to let me know that if I've heard nothing in the next week I should call back and they'll sort it out.

I'll update my journey accordingly!

Cheers for the help Ninja.

4. FEEJEE

FEEJEE New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi - would you know what the timeframe would be for an Overseas Commonwealth Applicant? I submitted my application online on the 6th of March and received a portal email saying that my application was being reviewed and i would be contacted within 7 days for the next steps. I then received an email saying that AFCO would contact me for NSRT. On my dashboard, the progress line is on the 2nd circle "Application".

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Once your application is handed to the overseas desk for processing, they will verify your eligibility then ask which Armed Forces Careers Office (AFCO) you wish to be processed. There are about 2,500 overseas applicants in the pipeline at present, so be aware it could take up to 4 weeks to hear anything. They'll usually need to verify eligibility and make sure you meet the basic medical criteria, so will require you to complete a medical questionnaire and eyetest form for preliminary screening. One you complete and return the paperwork, you'll get a phonecall (triage) to check you are eligible, as best they can, usually within two to four weeks.

Once medically cleared, you can then state when you intend flying to UK and establish email communications with your processing AFCO - you can then fix some dates for the NSRT, Interview, face to face medical, fitness test and PRMC. This stage, with good prior communications, can usually be pre-booked in advance, then completed within a month in UK, assuming there are no delays at any stage (prior planning is essential to avoid this).

After passing PRMC, unless security clearance (SC) is already achieved by this stage, many overseas applicants then fly home to await clearance and then get allocated a start date. SC can take several months, so you need to get this underway as soon as physically possible. For those with SC before PRMC, they can usually start recruit training the following week or two after passing PRMC.

Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. FEEJEE

FEEJEE New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Awesome. Thank you Ninja_Stoker. Very clear

7. Aura

Aura New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hey Ninja, I haven't heard anything from the overseas desk or Capita regarding the triage at all. It's been about 2 months now since my medical questionairre, eye exam, etc arrived in London. I've honestly just been trying to confirm whether or not they even recieved the package. Zero responses on recruitment portal, emails, or phone calls. How best to proceed?

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

My guess is that it's in the hands of the contracted medical company - you should be receiving a triage call and generally, in my experience, it's best to keep it simple. Ensure you give them the full contact number they can dial directly from UK to get hold of you. Initiative is not always the first thing that springs to mind in this area of contracting-out, unfortunately. Similarly, as there are 2,500 overseas applicants, a polite, breif and clear concise attempt at establishing comms tends to work better than multiple repeat attempts through various forms of media.

My advice is to email (or write) the overseas desk as follows:

"Dear Sir

Reference: Full Name, date of birth: dd/mm/yyyy, Unique Reference Number (if known)

Further to my initial online application submitted on dd/mm/yyyy I write to request confirmation that my Medical Questionnaire & Opticial Report Form, dispatched dd/mm/yyyy have been received and forwarded for triage.

For clarification my contact details are as follows:

Full Postal Address:
    Full telephone number (including international dialing code from UK):
    Email Address:

Yours Faithfully

Overseas Applicant"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aura

Aura New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    As always, thank you very much Ninja.