Application

Clipper

Reaction score
I signed up on the RM website for an application over 3 weeks ago.
I clicked "How to join" Filled in all my details, email, address, phone number. And they haven't even contacted me. They cant be that desperate for new recruits can they? How long is it meant to take?

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I believe all the website enquiries go to a central office rather than your local AFCO and it may be possible your details have been mislayed.

You really should just give your local AFCO a call, they will be able to get things started for you. You can find the number with a quick google search.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Online enquiries for information are dealt with by a contracted civilian company.

They usually send a mailshot with relevant careers publications and follow-up with a phonecall to invite you to attend an AFCO Customer Response Presentation, providing the online application loaded correctly.

They're usually pretty good to be honest, maybe your data wasn't successfully uploaded.

Just for info you cannot currently apply to join online as the application forms are not yet electronic (more's the pity). You can download the careers publications that are sent to you in hard copy, directly HERE

Alternatively you can email or ring your careers office HERE

Zefan

Reaction score
I've also filled in the online form and not received any sort of contact back.

Will give them a call asap.

MIKESW

Reaction score
I used the online form, then decided I didnt want to wait.. *text deleted*.. so I called my local office. They arranged for me to go and have a chat and watch a quick video on training etc. They gave me the application and answered any questions I had. I returned my application via post and got a letter within 3 days asking me to attend the interview and Syc test. I have it tomorrow (thurs) and im cr*pping myself..!! :scared:

Clipper

Reaction score
I have 2 other friends who filled in the online form over a month ago and still recieved no response.

I think it's safe to say the online application form is not a reliable method of applying. Just ring up instead. At least that way you'll actually speak to someone.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to re-iterate, you cannot actually apply to join online, sooner or later you have to get an application form from your AFCO. Once you actually submit a completed application form at your AFCO, the selection process actually starts.

The online application is simply a method of applying for further information, but it does not progress your application & neither is it necessary to "apply" by that means. The simplest & easiest method is to call into your nearest AFCO.