Application

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Woooot just got my application in today!, Eventually got the ball rolling!. Cant wait to hear back from them now. I Was originally said i was going to join when im 18 but while out running today i decided that i was going to get my application in today and thats excally what ive done!. Theres a hell of a long way to go before i can even think about being on the battlefield but im still excited that ive finally got it all started!.

How long does it normally take for a reply after sending the application and what comes next after the reply?

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
A day or two, i got mine a day after i sent it off.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
A day or two, i got mine a day after i sent it off.
Its as fast as that!, Ahh Awesome!. What will they say? "We have received your application" or will i go to the afco to chat over my application or something?

Cheers mate

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Its as fast as that!, Ahh Awesome!. What will they say? "We have received your application" or will i go to the afco to chat over my application or something?

Cheers mate
Ye they say we have got your application to join the royal marines and would like to invite you to a phycometrics test.
You should of got a phycometrics ractice booklet on your first visit to the careers office, if not go and visit them and ask for one.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well, as they say every little helps *text deleted*.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
haha I bet rusty can run 1.5mile in 8 minutes but cant work out which way a cog turns :laugh:

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When i saw the heading and that its Rustys post i thought...
*text deleted**text deleted* me rustys really off to the legion

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted**text deleted* you hugh! congrats on your first soul :(

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
haha I bet rusty can run 1.5mile in 8 minutes but cant work out which way a cog turns :laugh:
haha :laugh: :laugh: theres some rather funny stuff in the examples book really made me crack up some of them, i guess its just to separate the thickos from the normal people eh :laugh:

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I thought that was a link to that commander hardinski/sbs smniper/para wannabee/ politician/ mercenery guy

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Got mine after 10 days. Busy as crap down here apparantly at the moment and they are fully booked up through till september (managed to get my test on the 9th though).

Had a chat with a recruiter today (oddly enough mate of a mate..) and he was just explaining about how the whole system works and about all the cloth heads who come in who they dont want. Such as people saying they want to join the marines to kill things haha

TheYeti

Reaction score
theres some rather funny stuff in the examples book really made me crack up some of them, i guess its just to separate the thickos from the normal people eh
Do not under estimate that damn test mate!

I did mine today, didn't bother swottin' up for it because i'm a ded clever me and only retards fail it....Big mistake!...still passed, though I sweated a tad!

Freakin heck you have to work fast through it! If you have to stop and think you're taking too much time!

Such as people saying they want to join the marines to kill things haha
I was chatting to a guy who had passed his officer tests and stuff, he went to a para aquaint before the marines to see which one he prefered.

Apparantly they had to stand up and say why they wanted to join the paras and the common answer was 'I *text deleted* ice someone and not get dun fer it' which was met with a whoop, holla and a round of applause. Hence he went Royal!

M

MTW

that too true! if you have to think about the question move to the next one! trust me!