Applying for officer 2019 batch

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by boarder34, Jan 10, 2019.

1. boarder34

boarder34 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Been a lurker for a while now but decided to finally create an account. I was aiming for the 2019 batch but was injured a while back for a broken arm. 12 month wait period is now up. However, during this waiting period, I became frustrated due to my predicament and didn't train as hard as I should of due to a lack of motivation.

Current stats are as follows -
    1.5 return 10.45
    Press ups - 14
    Sit ups - 50
    Pull-ups - 5

Do you guys think I can turn this around in time for the 2019 batch or should I aim for 2020? I am finishing Uni in May so don't really *text deleted* have a year of doing nothing so I may consider going OR if I have to wait a whole year.

I should have my remed soon and then PJFT early Feb hopefully. But am more worried about my press-ups and pull-ups.

Cheers.

2. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    With those stats you will be pushing it to get through a POC any time soon. I may be wrong but suggest Sep 20 would be a better bet particularly considering your relative youth.

You need to be realistic about how long it takes to join. Even joining as an OR will not happen overnight so decide what you actually want to do rather than lurch at OR because of the expediency...remember a career is for life, not just for Christmas so decide what you really want to do and go for it, you don't want to die wandering 'what if'.

That year could be spent doing some travel and getting some life / leadership experience which you will be able to talk about at POC and AIB rather than the standard school / uni dits. There are lots of hoops to go through before turning up at CTC so better to take it at your pace, get as fit as you can be and give it your best shot rather than rushing in, ill-prepared and end up being de-motivated again should you fail due to lack of prep.

• Like Like x 2