Applying for RMR

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Tullett, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi

I’ve been thinking of joining for a good few years now, with my 30th birthday fast approaching i know I need to get a move on, finally convinced my missus. Application went in over two weeks ago just waiting to hear back.
    Can’t wait to get the process started

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Good lad. Any reason you chose RMR over regulars?

What’s your phys like? And get stuck into the forum.

3. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Joining RMR as I have a young family and a nice salary with my civilian job.
    Been non-stop reading on here for the last 4 weeks perfect place for all information required.

My phys isn’t too bad ( i think) been doing mock tests

Press-ups to beeps= 40
    Sit-ups to beeps =50
    Pull ups to beeps= 7
    Bft return is letting me down at 11 minutes hitting it again tonight hoping for a massive improvement. I’m confident I will be able to max out on the gym tests by the time a reach PRMCR, been out of training for a little while so just building strength and fitness again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Which unit are you hoping to join mate?

5. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    London- Wandsworth

6. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

Scores are not bad mate. Keep going and youll be smashing it PRMC.

Your run times will come in time. Dont worry. Keep grafting and youll hit the mark.

Have you done your PJFT?

7. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Thanks,
    Don’t think RMR do a pjft think they get assessed once in holding troop before they are allowed to attend prmc, could be wrong someone will correct if I am

8. posh_punter

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah, you just need to pass the RMFA on the Saturdays at London HQ and then you get loaded onto the PRMC. No PJFT.

9. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    An update gents
    I passed my psychometric test . Had my medical phone call unfortunately they declared me TMU because of a short spell of migraines only a one off a few years ago, but thought it best mention it as I did see a doctor.hopefully it doesn't hold things up too much.

• Seen Seen x 1
  10. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Another update

Finally been passed by capita to attend my face to face medical booked in for the beginning of October, as long as it all goes well am I right in saying I will be able to attend holding troop?

11. JayJ10255

JayJ10255 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    In regards of the next stage once you pass medical you’ll have to do PJFT & PRMC, once you pass all that you will get a start date for training, but that’s regulars as I’m rejoining and have prmc to come but might be different for RMR

12. UnsatisfiedSuit

UnsatisfiedSuit New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I'm also waiting for my face to face Medical and I believe once that is passed we can begin attending holding troop. There isn't a PJFT for RMR but you need to be able to pass the BFT and gym tests before they'll let you onto a PRMC. Then once PRMC is passed you continue with the drill nights and await the next round of recruit training to begin.

• Like Like x 1
  13. posh_punter

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yep, that's correct.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    UPDATE
    Passed all tests at my medical but the doctor has asked for me to have cholesterol test done as my mother had a heart attack recently have these fairly often at work so I’m confident once this comes back I can finally start holding troop.
    Can some one tell me if holding troop is all year round or if it starts at a certain time
    Thanks

15. Teasly

Teasly Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You can start at any point mate, but try and get started sooner rather than later though as you'll get a better feel for it and you'll be more prepared for your PRMC once it comes around.

16. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Thanks going to start as soon as I can hopefully get PRMC done early next year

17. Tullett

Tullett New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    UPDATE
    Have my medical notes being reviewed by doctors today. Hopefully get the good news in a few days.