Aquaint Day

nathan

Reaction score
when do they offer you this because i have heared that if you do a good job on Aquaint Day you don't have to do pjft.which can seve time.
thanks

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* well that's impossible because you don't get offered the RMAD untill after your PJFT as they need to know if you can run 1.5 miles in 10 minutes otherwise you have no chance because at RMAD and PRMC they expect you to do 1.5 miles in less than 10 minutes after a 30 minute warm up and a 1.5 mile troop run. RMAD is a taster of the PRMC.

RMAD is optional after your PJFT, you have no choice but to do PJFT and PRMC if you want to be a Royal Marine.

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i would do a RMAD after your pjft anyway youll have a better idea of where you are fitness wise.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:dito:
although...

i have heard of some AFCOs leaving out the PJFT if a good performance on RMAD is recorded

but i wouldnt rely on that happening!

my AFCO only offer RMADs to those who have passed a PJFT, but some could be different!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It depends on the AFCO quite simply.

There's no reason not to complete an RMAD before a PJFT if you've been passed medically fit. If one of the staff running the RMAD is prepared to sign a PJFT certificate stating your time on the 1.5 mile run-back (after you've completed the 1.5 mile 12mins 30 secs squad run on the run-out) was completed in under 10 minutes, then that would certainly be good enough for me.

The fact is, that running the PJFT in a gym in under 10 mins on a treadmill without wind resistance and without having to complete the squad run before hand, is probably the easier option.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
depends on the person id say, i got a 9:16 on the 3miler yet a 9:45 on the 1.5 treadmill run

ooo shameless is on

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its true, a few of the lads on my rmad hadnt completed their pfft, and passed the 3 miler so they didnt have to complete there pjft. makes sense.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yep,

my afco did medicals before interviews some did it the other way round.

PRMCjamesb

Reaction score
what exactly does the aquaint day involve anyone, ive just had an offer from my careers advisor.

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* well that's impossible because you don't get offered the RMAD untill after your PJFT as they need to know if you can run 1.5 miles in 10 minutes otherwise you have no chance because at RMAD and PRMC they expect you to do 1.5 miles in less than 10 minutes after a 30 minute warm up and a 1.5 mile troop run. RMAD is a taster of the PRMC.

RMAD is optional after your PJFT, you have no choice but to do PJFT and PRMC if you want to be a Royal Marine.

I was offered the chance to do RMAD before my PJFT and if i passed would not have to do the 1.5 miler... still geting my teeth sorted at the moment.. :(

my local afco is in Glasgow