Are Interviews still being done remotely over Zoom ?

johno4

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just a question about the current interview process.

Are Interviews still being done remotely over Zoom due to Covid-19 , or have they now switched back to conducting the interview in person at the AFCO ?

(also , what is the trigger for the interview ? Does it have to be done after your Security Clearance or can it be done in any order so long as VPJFT is completed)

Rheebound01

Reaction score
On phone call at the moment as far as Im aware although my interviewer (Dec 14) has said that by the time mine happens, theyll have moved onto something called "Shine" ? Seems like a web call thing.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Interviews should all be now being conducted via the "Shine" platform - a few will still be phone calls if applications/appointments already booked. When booked in you will get an email and also a phone text with an invite - you need to make sure your phone permissions are correct if you plan to use a phone as this is where issues have been encountered so far - the sam applies to PC,s / Laptop but they generally ask you for camera and audio permissions when you open a new app.

The trigger is your paperwork all uploaded - as you may well be asked to show your ID at the interview.

THE broad outline for the process is
1.Apply
2. Initial call from AFCO
3. Complete uploading of paperwork by you
4. Interview booked and attended. - paperwork issued for Medical and eyesight if passed
5 Triage phone call
6. You can then declare you are ready to take VPJFT to your AFCO if traige passed - they will then request a test date.
7. If you pass VPJFT - AFCO ask for a ROP start/entry date.
8. Face to Face medical and Security clearance can start. (triggered by start date)
9. Entry briefs and final update interview (several of these).
10 Start ROP.

The order in which this occurs may change slightly post COVID restrictions and once workplaces get back to normality.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

johno4

Reaction score
Interviews should all be now being conducted via the "Shine" platform - a few will still be phone calls if applications/appointments already booked. When booked in you will get an email and also a phone text with an invite - you need to make sure your phone permissions are correct if you plan to use a phone as this is where issues have been encountered so far - the sam applies to PC,s / Laptop but they generally ask you for camera and audio permissions when you open a new app.

The trigger is your paperwork all uploaded - as you may well be asked to show your ID at the interview.

THE broad outline for the process is
1.Apppy
2. Initial call from AFCO
3. Complete uploading of paperwork by you
4. Interview booked and attended. - paperwork issued for Medical and eyesight if passed
5 Triage phone call
6. You can then declare you are ready to take VPJFT to your AFCO if traige passed - they will then request a test date.
7. If you pass VPJFT - AFCO ask for a ROP start/entry date.
8. Face to Face medical and Security clearance can start. (triggered by start date)
9. Entry briefs and final update interview (several of these).
10 Start ROP.

The order in which this occurs may change slightly post COVID restrictions and once workplaces get back to normality.

Hope that helps.
Thanks The Guide.

That helps loads.

Looks like theres no need to wait for security clearance to be completed (I'm doing mine at the moment) before doing the interview then

I'll let my careers advisor know so he can schedule it.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Your own CA will know where you are in the process, and will call you as required , simply complete whatever part of the process you are in as they ask you to! Differing offices may run with slight differences, the above is a guide that most will follow.

johno4

Reaction score
Your own CA will know where you are in the process, and will call you as required , simply complete whatever part of the process you are in as they ask you to! Differing offices may run with slight differences, the above is a guide that most will follow.
Thanks The Guide. Will do. Thanks for your help