Are you allowed calculator for NSRT

Freer

Reaction score
I have to get my NSRT booked after lockdown and was wondering if a calculator is allowed during the test

editomo

Reaction score
I did mine last year before they removed the NSRT for officer applicants, and they weren’t provided so I don’t think they’d be allowed .

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
No you can not use a calculator- you get a side of the question paper to do you rough working out and 16 minutes for 30 questions- If you have GSCE,s - English, Maths, and a science based subject at Ds or 3/4 and above (this alters depending what role you are applying for) or maths functional skills L2 you may not be required to sit the recruit test anyway.

Freer

Reaction score
No you can not use a calculator- you get a side of the question paper to do you rough working out and 16 minutes for 30 questions- If you have GSCE,s - English, Maths, and a science based subject at Ds or 3/4 and above (this alters depending what role you are applying for) or maths functional skills L2 you may not be required to sit the recruit test anyway.
I’m pretty sure I have those GSCEs in the Irish version but i might not be allowed use them

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
There are conversion tabels that can be used and if from Eire I would be surprised if not accpeted ..but not 100% sure they are either, @Ninja_Stoker might know of the top of his head ??.

johno4

Reaction score

Thanks The Guide so i take it written NSRT's are now being conducted again ? (Have they stopped that practice of automatically calculating your NSRT Mark based on your high school results).

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
They resumed some time ago - lock down restrictions allowing- so at present no NSRT will take place until at least Dec 2nd onwards

Latest posts

New Threads