Are you forced to take vaccinations in the Marines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
Title. Not really comfortable with it because these vaccines are being pushed without any long-term studies and I've had bad experiences in the past. I'd rather take my chances especially since I'm fit and can look after myself, not to mention the survival rate (think it's 99.8-9% according to CDC) and experimental mRNA technology...
Are you able to object?

Side question - when yomping/tabbing, is it proper form to shuffle do you land on your forefoot to absorb impact?

Sprint0205

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There has been no recorded permanent side effects from any of the COVID vaccines, out of millions of people that have had them so far in this country alone. As for your question, I'm not sure but you might be forced to take vaccines at some point if you are heading to the jungle being an example. Hopefully trained ranks can answer your questions fully shortly

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Hi,

This was covered quite recently and you may find this thread (linked below) useful. Comment #6 from @The guide addresses your question. Hope this helps.

mrar32

Reaction score
I'd rather take my chances especially since I'm fit and can look after myself
Vaccines are safe, and you don’t want to transmit covid to someone who ends up on a ventilator.

Thankfully though, vaccines are our only hope to move on from the recent hell of lockdowns and the harsh infringement of our liberties.

My AFCO also mentioned that yellow Fever, hepatitis, and typhoid jabs will also be mandatory if deployed.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Putting it bluntly, anyone with genuine concerns about vaccines in general should have a good hard think about whether their individual beliefs are compatible with a service career.
Always better to make an informed decision.

TheRents

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is having someone 'inserting' a vaccine into your body 100% safe- no. Probably 99.9999999 safe!

A RM career where people will be attempting to 'insert' any of the following - 9mm, 7.62mm, 5.56mm, .50 cal, mortar rounds, laser guided munitions.... 100% NOT SAFE.

Having a vaccine is about taking one for the team, i.e our society, to make it a safer place.

If you feel you don't need to do that as you will be OK anyway, how will you react when your Troop boss sends you out on the left flank to draw fire to enable the rest of your mates to succeed in taking the objective?

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Title. Not really comfortable with it because these vaccines are being pushed without any long-term studies and I've had bad experiences in the past. I'd rather take my chances especially since I'm fit and can look after myself, not to mention the survival rate (think it's 99.8-9% according to CDC) and experimental mRNA technology...
Are you able to object?

Side question - when yomping/tabbing, is it proper form to shuffle do you land on your forefoot to absorb impact?
You have to take vaccinations depending on the country you are deploying to.
It’s compulsory. You even have to have a yellow fever passport for countries in Africa. It’s nothing new.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Is having someone 'inserting' a vaccine into your body 100% safe- no. Probably 99.9999999 safe!

A RM career where people will be attempting to 'insert' any of the following - 9mm, 7.62mm, 5.56mm, .50 cal, mortar rounds, laser guided munitions.... 100% NOT SAFE.

Having a vaccine is about taking one for the team, i.e our society, to make it a safer place.

If you feel you don't need to do that as you will be OK anyway, how will you react when your Troop boss sends you out on the left flank to draw fire to enable the rest of your mates to succeed in taking the objective?

This is so spot on!!

Nature's Wish

Reaction score

I'd gladly draw fire for comrades and I wouldn't conflate taking a jab in a chair like an obedient dog to listening to orders and risking your life in the field.

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
Vaccines are safe, and you don’t want to transmit covid to someone who ends up on a ventilator.

Thankfully though, vaccines are our only hope to move on from the recent hell of lockdowns and the harsh infringement of our liberties.

My AFCO also mentioned that yellow Fever, hepatitis, and typhoid jabs will also be mandatory if deployed.
Vaccines aren't always safe and there is plenty of information online showing this fact. And the only way out of government mandated lockdowns? You're just parroting what the BBC says mate.
I don't mind the older vaccines as much. I should have stated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine in the original post.

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
There has been no recorded permanent side effects from any of the COVID vaccines, out of millions of people that have had them so far in this country alone. As for your question, I'm not sure but you might be forced to take vaccines at some point if you are heading to the jungle being an example. Hopefully trained ranks can answer your questions fully shortly
Plenty of severe side effects already published as far as I know, along with minor ones. As I said, no long term studies because this is a rushed vaccine where vaccine companies are immune to being sued for malpractice.

Nature's Wish

Reaction score
Are you able to object?

Guys I meant the COVID vaccine, my bad. For reference my neighbour recently took one and a week later his foot has uncontrollable shakes and pain to boot. He's a tough bastard so I hope he'll pull through. And yeah you can say correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation, which is true. But he hasn't ever had anything like this so I need to draw rational conclusions.
It's tough. I'm looking forward to the career and lifestyle in the Navy but I was gifted the book "The Contagion Myth" by Thomas S. Cowan, MD and Sally Fallon Morell and now I'm deeply concerned about the whole charade and spiritually split.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Plenty of severe side effects already published as far as I know, along with minor ones. As I said, no long term studies because this is a rushed vaccine where vaccine companies are immune to being sued for malpractice.
23 million plus injections and counting (me included) not sure if your concerns are going to stand up against the obvious benefits to the wider population. Just my opinion

TheRents

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
his foot has uncontrollable shakes and pain to boot.

Terrible - there are as I write 125,464 people who I am sure would have swapped these side effects for still being on the planet.

My daughter had a pretty rough 24 hours after her first jab, her other option is living like a hermit or a very high probability of being connected to a ventilator and a probable exit stage left.

She took the feeling rough for a day - silly girl.......

Status
Not open for further replies.