Are You Man Enough!!

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As lads im sure that you have or do read the lads mags..well Zoo are running this thing called are you man enough and it's to do with RM n British military fitness and u under go a mock PRMC..you do the press ups 2 the bleep,sit ups to the bleep,pull ups to the bleep,bleep test and 1.5mile run..

I live in Birmingham but travelled to Bristol today for my "Get Physical" section...just thought i'd post my results

O and by the way press ups/sit ups/pull ups are all done to the bleep in 1 go..NO REST!!..and if you miss 1 then thats it YOUR OUT!!

Press-Ups: 48
Sit-ups:85
Pull ups:12
Bleep Test-14.3
1.5Mile run-08:51

It was a great day out n lets hope i finish in the top 10..*text deleted* then i get to go dwn to CTCRM and undergo..Endurance Course etc..and i win loads of goodies!! :rock:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Impressive results, well done & welcome to the site.

Have you started the selection process yet I wonder?

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thank!!..I find this site sooo useful *text deleted*!!

And Yeah i handed in my application form on 7th march n got my RT Test 8th April

Only problem is my weight..because im only 17 my metabolism is SUPER QUICK!! n im hovering around 57-60..although last night i drank 5 mugs of water and put on a temporary 8Lbs..Any suggestions welcome!!

brownie123

Reaction score
Well done mate you did good, i was underweight i was 57 when i first had my medical and then i got to 59 and got stuck.

I had my re-medical today and before i got weighed i drank a litre of water and i was 60.4 when i got weighed; your pissing all day but it'll do you for your medical mate so yeah drink water as you are :) and loads before your medical. After your medical you have to get serious about gaining weight, my AFCO told me today that i have to be 63+ for the PRMC or WO will just say sickbay you dont weigh enough and instant fail. Just eat 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 bigger; eat lean meat, brown bread,rice,pasta loads of carbs and protein. :):)

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done mate you did good, i was underweight i was 57 when i first had my medical and then i got to 59 and got stuck.

I had my re-medical today and before i got weighed i drank a litre of water and i was 60.4 when i got weighed; your pissing all day but it'll do you for your medical mate so yeah drink water as you are :) and loads before your medical. After your medical you have to get serious about gaining weight, my AFCO told me today that i have to be 63+ for the PRMC or WO will just say sickbay you dont weigh enough and instant fail. Just eat 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 bigger; eat lean meat, brown bread,rice,pasta loads of carbs and protein. :):)
Thanks..n wen i forst went to AFCO they asked how heavy i was and i weighed in at 57...then bout a month ago i weighed 60..clothed!! n now im like 57-60 depending what day it is *text deleted*!!..but yeah sound mate ill try what you suggested n see if it works :) ..i shud hav my medical some time in april so ive got a little way to go so hope i can pile on the pounds!! ill keep u updated *text deleted*..n well done with passing *text deleted* medical 2dai n good luk with PJFT n PRMC!!

BGarcia89

Reaction score
Run

Is the run on or off the treadmill?

Well done *text deleted*, sound like you kicked ass.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is the run on or off the treadmill?

Well done *text deleted*, sound like you kicked ass.

Errm it off but..mine was in a park!!..like 3 laps of this 800m make sift "track"..and i had a good 50m uphill!

Are You Man Enough Tips:

Running trainers not Fashionable ones
Take shorts aswell as tracksuit bottoms
Drink LOADS AND LOADS of water...

My get physical was run by 2 Army PTIs n they told me i'd piss the army i wanted to reply "That's why i'm joining the Royal Marines" *text deleted* :rock:

brownie123

Reaction score
Thanks..n wen i forst went to AFCO they asked how heavy i was and i weighed in at 57...then bout a month ago i weighed 60..clothed!! n now im like 57-60 depending what day it is *text deleted*!!..but yeah sound mate ill try what you suggested n see if it works :) ..i shud hav my medical some time in april so ive got a little way to go so hope i can pile on the pounds!! ill keep u updated *text deleted*..n well done with passing *text deleted* medical 2dai n good luk with PJFT n PRMC!!
Thanks mate; when you get weighed at the medical its in your boxers so its even worse *text deleted*. Keep me updated mate and good luck with it all.