areet lads new to the site

hoggy

Reaction score
areet lads my name is ryan am 20 years old live just outside newcastle.i have been thinking about going for the marines for some time now so i have just started my training last monday.i am quite fit i just need to work on my running.i got my application last week but was thinking bout getting my running up abit before i hand it back in or should i hand it back in sooner?

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey bud did you do the pre prmc/acquaint day at rmr tyne?

hoggy

Reaction score
areet *text deleted* no i never my *text deleted* told me on the day but i was busy.did you go what was it like?

Admin Edit: Please use correct English as text abbreviations prevent accurate search engine access

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i went and it was a good insite on how they work!
i thought i worked my t*ts off for the day and when i got there it a lot harder than i thought. you had to run everywhere and always be on your toes!
you do the bleep test then press ups, sit ups and pull ups, and in the afternoon you do the 3 mile run.
if you do get the chance to go on the pre prmc/acquaint day i would seriously recomend it because it gives you an idea on where you are with your fitness and what areas you should work on more.

hoggy

Reaction score
ok *text deleted* cheers.how often do they have the pre prmc/acquaint day?

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
not sure *text deleted*. you will have to ask at your AFCO.

hoggy

Reaction score
ok *text deleted* cheers.how far in to your trainning are you then?

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
they do acquaint ays a few tyms a month mate. i did 1 and there gd to see how far you are from passin a prmc

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'm going down for a prmc in october!
can't wait!!
i've been training now for 8 months!
what stage you at now then *text deleted*?

hoggy

Reaction score
hope it goes well for you *text deleted*
i have been training for bout 8 month but probs just bout 1 month for the marines tho

Admin Edit: Please use correct English as text abbreviations prevent accurate search engine access