Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Arktis

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by ThreadpigeonsAlpha, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I loathe 'military-inspired' leisure clothing. Found this blurb:

"This season’s collection is once again crafted from military-grade fabrics – tough wearing, long lasting and extremely efficient. It’s also made in the UK.
    Arktis was founded by retired Royal Marines and made a name through exceptional army and air force gear. Their clothing has since been used by army, police and civilians, so they know a thing or two about high-performance threads that will get you out of a sticky situation and tough spots.
    I mean, I’m not saying you have to go out on tactical manoeuvres when wearing Fred Perry x Arktis, I’m just saying you could.
    " ;)

https://www.eqvvs.co.uk/blog/why-you-need-a-piece-of-fred-perry-x-arktis-eqvvs/

[Okay... I added the wink at the end. It seemed appropriate.]

• Seen Seen x 1
  3. trance

trance New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    the lad looks happy to be wearing them

4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    They look horrendous. And have been censoring criticism of them, I was chatting to a mate about them, and he told me the comments he left had been deleted because they didn’t fit the agenda.

I don’t jnow how that stands for advertising standards, but deleting only negative comments, particularly from lads who have bought the stuff years ago is mugging them off. They aren’t exactly cheap either.

5. robbo09

robbo09 Member

At least they’ve not gone down the Next route and slapped a Commando dagger on them.

6. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

I've never understood why some people like to wear camouflage clothing as a fashion item :confused:

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yea exactly.

It’s a shame, they actually did decent kit. It’s been under new management for a while and I had seen things start to change, but this is a complete sell out.

Much like:
    North Face
    Helly Hansen
    Rab
    Patagonia

It’s all these good quality companies that sold good technical, functional clothing, selling out for fashion/profit/social media/likes/some pretentious d1ck (probably with a degree) employed in management.

Not to mention the fact it looks horrendous, so bad I almost threw up in my mouth whenI saw it.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. westy

westy Well-Known Member

This is the reason I now rock with Thrudark!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  9. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The Rohan brand still exists but quality is now a shadow of what it was in the 1980s. Definitely built to last. Still got some. Good examples of the vintage kit crop up on eBay although the colour of the garments are also 1980s!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  10. R

R Well-Known Member

Yipe! -vomit- I wonder how much of this will end up heavily discounted at TJ Maxx in the near future! Same cam pattern as the Syrian rebel fighters -banghead-

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Quite an odd situation!! When I was serving, I couldn’t wait to get out of green rig! And into civvies! Don’t know if that’s still the same? Whilst civvies couldn’t wait to get out of civvie rig and into green rig!! :confused:

Regards Arktis, had a few webbing pouches from them, and they were awesome!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Same here! A few years back one of Torquay's resident street tramps had a regular pitch near the Post Office. He was a proper 'old school' tramp with just the one tooth and a resemblance to Catweasel. Most days he would be trashed by lunchtime, chuckling and muttering incoherently to himself.
    Someone kindly donated the old boy a DPM smock to keep him warm. The Royal Navy Police flashes on both shoulders were a stylish feature. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  13. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I am the same, I do everything to avoid rig at RMR, and I couldn’t wait to get out of rig. Screw wearing that crap for civvies. I feel self conscious wearing just olive green stuff.

Yea I have a few items from them and I was well impressed but since they mugged me mate off, and have been deleting negative comments and emails, I won’t be using them again.

If they spend that time money and effort on actual kit, that would be more beneficial. Their new trousers look like skinny jeans with no functionality.
    It’s obviously been under new management for a while, not happy at all with them anymore.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Perhaps I need specs. I keep reading this thread title as Arthritis. :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. Collieryboy

Collieryboy Member

Had a lottery win mate? ;) I like their kit but it's not cheap.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  16. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I work hard ;) I’m on a mission for the parka and raid currently :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Nah mate it’s horrendously overpriced! You can get better kit for a fraction of the price!

18. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Yeah you may be right, but it looks good and no one else is wearing it!!

19. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    More money than sense you!

20. westy

westy Well-Known Member

You sound like my wife :D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1