arm pain.. ouchy!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
lately ive been training quite vigorously and started to get pain in my shoulder to elbow on my left arm. it feels like growing pains and its absaloutely kills, but it only comes on after a set of pushups and stays with me for about 20 mins. i dont understand ? :S oh and im 16 could this be a issue?

Zefan

Reaction score
If you're surprised to be feeling pain during training then you've been doing it wrong!

I'm sure it's nothing, everyone gets aching muscles from training now and again.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Like i told you blocky mate if it feels like a growing pain then it could be over training remeber your still growing just like me ive done some football coaching courses and theyve taught me what to look out for in younger players and you shouldnt do tricep dips if you dont know if your doing them 100% correctly

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i had a similar problem before, but it didn't last as long after, so i asked a mate to watch me do some press ups and see if i was doing anything wrong, and he found i was dipping one of my shoulders a bit. so i started doing press ups slower and whatching myself in a mirror to make sure i was getting the technique right.