Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Army’s new recruitment posters

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by pch90, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What. The. Hell?

I saw these a week or two ago and thought it was a joke.

WHAT?!??

How can anyone have thought this was a good idea? Why would it appeal to ANYONE? Make the army look like joke and tell the people you’re trying to recruit that they’re nothing more than the sensitive, tech-obsessed millennials that are a constant source of ridicule. I can’t understand what group of people this is targeted at.

Absolutely got smacked that these exist.

2. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    *gob

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Army recruitment poster 1976.

para_76.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. R

R Well-Known Member

RM advert smack bang in the middle of The Paras: Men of War episode :D

[​IMG]

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jkaratekings

jkaratekings New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  6. rkec

rkec Member

Oh fo*k

7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    In the name of Zues’ ballsack. What is this utter drivel.
    Pair of absolute doorknobs, obviously high on caviar.

Apart from being absolutely, horrendously cringy, it’s complete CRAP.

Just because applications/interest is up, doesn’t mean the recruitment is up. How many are fully trained? how many got lost in the dogs abortion of Capitas admin? How many will be withdrawn? How many will wrap their bangers in during training?

Quality, not quantity. I will bet those gamers who are used to their warm bedrooms and being lazy will soon wrap their bangers in on an OP or during wet and dry.

It’s proven that binge gaming and today’s world of social media, gaming and other quick fixes is re-wiring kids dopamine reward systems.
    Teen suicide and depression is increasing because of social media and the “Selfie” society we live in.

This recruitment campaign is a load of crap, and the proof? They just made a video to try and justify it.

They probably have shares in Capita too, that’s why this corrupt, broken, embarrassing and absolute shambles of a system that’s cost the tax payer £700MILLION odd.

SHAMBLES.

Almost as cringy as the Sgt Maj with the crap beret and sh1t sleeves gobbing off about some newspaper article.

And yea, maybe the application numbers are up, but what about the retention, of blokes leaving, taking that experience and mentality with them. I have yet to meet a single person who approves of those Adverts, both civvie and Forces.

There was an increase of interest after Capitas last recruitment drive, didn’t mean anything. There was an increase of interest after Commando School, doesn’t wan anything.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  8. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

In all honesty this,seems like a bad,nah a really bad dream, how did we get to this stage, my old fella dropped with 2 Para at Arnhem,thank god he aint around to see this garbage.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  10. jkaratekings

jkaratekings New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    There 'snowflake' campaign coincided with 2 TV programs and I think those programs did a great job of showing what training and army life is like. I'm sure the TV programs did more to increase applications than their crappy posters did.

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  11. rkec

rkec Member

They just ran an advert that implied you got paid to play computer games and that you get up at 13:00 in the afternoon.

Be interesting to see if the drop out / pass out rates are the same.

12. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Has anyone seen the RAF advert that appears to be selling cosmetics? It completely took me in - I’ll link it if I can.

13. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
  14. rkec

rkec Member

There is a bigger factor that these people have left out, wasn't recruitment opened up to Commonwealth soldiers in late November / December?

If they release like for like figures for only UK and Irish citizens applying then we can all have a better insight into their BS.

15. rkec

rkec Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  16. Parhelia

Parhelia Member

This one? It just came up as an ad:

It's a cleverly done advert

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rover

Rover Moderator

Then you have........

British Army rejected 14,000 potential recruits for having ACNE or low-level allergies in space of a year - sparking claims MoD is 'misinterpreting' health guidelines

• Contractor Capita is said to be misinterpreting the medical guidelines in place
    • The force is still 5,000 soldiers short of its overall 82,000 recruitment target
    • Infantry battalions are around 30 per cent short of their required targets
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...its-having-ACNE-low-level-allergies-year.html

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Agreed. It's ironic, self-deprecating and also respectful. The RAF is good at this stuff.

19. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

"A spokesperson for the MoD said the ‘unique challenging’ roles in the force mean that they have high medical standards.

‘It is right that we have high medical standards to ensure that recruits can fulfil the demands of the job’.
    "

While not dismissing medical standards which are in place to protect both the individual and the mission, I ponder how both the Great War and WW2 would have been won if conscripts had been medically disqualified for anything less than the most severe acne.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It’s funny how they aren’t willing to take a certain percentage of risk on Male candidates but are willing to take a 50% (at least) chance of a female candidate, by their own reports findings.

Capita is so bad. That someone must be getting rich of it. That’s the only way it can still be going.

I would dare say that everyone since the introduction of capita that has been turned away, should reapply and fight for appeal or seek legal action.

• Like Like x 7